Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1781 - 1800 of 1905 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
I remember you talking about the Rochester Fuel Injection and the learning curve you were about to go through. Looks as though you are learning. No doubt in my mind you are up to the task. Looking forward to seeing the end product.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,782
I remember you talking about the Rochester Fuel Injection and the learning curve you were about to go through. Looks as though you are learning. No doubt in my mind you are up to the task. Looking forward to seeing the end product.
My boss fixed the car a while back.
The picture above (throttle bodies) is out of a pretty nasty Mercedes. Throttle bodies are inside the intake manifold.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
My boss fixed the car a while back.
The picture above (throttle bodies) is out of a pretty nasty Mercedes. Throttle bodies are inside the intake manifold.

Pick your poison.
That's strange. It seems like it would get awfully warm inside the manifold...

When you say "nasty", do you mean that this car runs a 9 on street tires? Or has it been sitting in a swamp for the last 5 years?

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,786
That's strange. It seems like it would get awfully warm inside the manifold...

When you say "nasty", do you mean that this car runs a 9 on street tires? Or has it been sitting in a swamp for the last 5 years?
One would think that, but what do we know.
It’s out of a 10 E63 AMG, is what I meant as nasty. A DOHC that’s USA standards in size, with over 500hp N/A. Surprisingly the car sounds better than I thought it would.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,789
Was there a smell before the code came up, or did the customer just complain of a greasy feeling?
Actually no, doing some electrical work now. The engine wasn’t happy but it’s running and doing good. Next will be some exhaust work, making it known it has a V12.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
When the **** indicator illuminates, that tells you that it is time to pawn the car off to the next sucker... It's a feature on all high-end European luxury cars. ?

I'll bet that it will sound like two old Chevy inline six cylinder engines are having a tug-of-war contest, after a custom exhaust system has been installed.... Let us know how it turns out.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,791
IMG_3551.jpg

Had this show up at the shop a couple of weeks ago. Corvette LS2. Nice looking car.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Usually, I have a wild guess as to why a particular car may be in your shop, based upon the historical, overly-generalized, problems of that specific make.....
I've got nothing for that car. It's a G-body. That's probably the last solid automobile platform that General Motors has produced. Look at how well that old El Camino has held up over the years.... The under-hood light still works!

So, I have no idea what could have gone wrong with that car, but do you know what the one single thing is, that could improve that car, Recon?

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,793
Usually, I have a wild guess as to why a particular car may be in your shop, based upon the historical, overly-generalized, problems of that specific make.....
I've got nothing for that car. It's a G-body. That's probably the last solid automobile platform that General Motors has produced. Look at how well that old El Camino has held up over the years.... The under-hood light still works!

So, I have no idea what could have gone wrong with that car, but do you know what the one single thing is, that could improve that car, Recon?
Talked about exhaust. I’m not much on the truck-cars, so inform me.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
I know that I'm in the minority.... But I always kinda liked the El Camino/Ranchero vehicles. Haha

Coyote swap it! Lol
And a 10 speed of course!
The world needs more Ford powered General Motors vehicles.
Sort of reverse the trend.... Know what I mean?

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,795
I know that I'm in the minority.... But I always kinda liked the El Camino/Ranchero vehicles. Haha

Coyote swap it! Lol
And a 10 speed of course!
The world needs more Ford powered General Motors vehicles.
Sort of reverse the trend.... Know what I mean?
Built Ford tough with Chevy stuff.
It doesn’t bother me. People will do what they want, and won’t change. Now it would be interesting to see a Chevy with a Ford engine. I’ve seen a Vette with a Hemi before and it was pretty cool.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
Yep. It's not like it hasn't been done before, but it is pretty rare to see a GM product with a Ford, or any other make of engine.
The Coyote has proven to be a good engine though. 4 valve V8 engines, built in large numbers, are unique things. A 2 valve engine just cannot produce that distinctive 4V exhaust growl.
It would be cool to see some Coyote swapped Corvettes and Camaros in the future!

Seems like more people are swapping Coyotes into Fox bodies lately.
One shop is already swapping a 7.3 Godzilla engine into a Fox.... That should be interesting.

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,797
IMG_3681.jpg

IMG_3679.jpg

Well our friend stopped by the shop after I gave my coworker a ride in the Roush. Asked if he’d mind showing my mother the car. Talked at the house for a little while, and he offered a ride. Couldn’t say no. What I can say is the smoothness of everything is truly incredible.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,438 Posts
That would be a fun car for the summer!
:)

It sort of bothers me that the stitching on the dashboard does not line up very well though.
Probably, forget all about it, cruising around with the top down....

·
Premium Member
6,809 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,799
That would be a fun car for the summer!
:)

It sort of bothers me that the stitching on the dashboard does not line up very well though.
Probably, forget all about it, cruising around with the top down....
I asked how many miles he’s put on the car since he got it, a little over a month ago, he said 3K.
As for the issue with the stitching I’m not sure how it’d be fixed. I don’t think you could adjust the dash.

Pick your poison.

1781 - 1800 of 1905 Posts