Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1884 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,821
I predict that trucks like that will someday pay for a large house on acreage, and put your children through college, Recon!

That looks pretty fancy! Is it some kind of special edition?
It also looks way too new to be in the shop for any mechanical repairs.... I'm going with some kind of maintenance work, or the owner wanted to hear a little more of that hemi roar.
House? Maybe, but kids aren’t in my future for a long time. Lol.
It’s a 17 Ram Rebel. First rebel I’ve seen in person.
Did a flowmaster 40 install. It actually sounds better than I expected, which was high to begin with. I’m looking forward to when they reveal big brother hopefully soon.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
69-70 Beetle
That looks like a decent survivor. It has been sitting for a while though.
It's hard to believe that is a 80+ year old design now. I can remember when it seemed like every fourth or fifth car on the road was a VW Beetle, or Transporter....
It obviously needs a front bumper and the center trim piece for the hood. I'm also guessing some brake work, and likely needed some tinkering to get running. Pretty simple job.... The fellas down at Recon's garage had her running by noontime. Just in time to test drive it, while making the lunch "burrito run"

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,824
69-70 Beetle
That looks like a decent survivor. It has been sitting for a while though.
It's hard to believe that is a 80+ year old design now. I can remember when it seemed like every fourth or fifth car on the road was a VW Beetle, or Transporter....
It obviously needs a front bumper and the center trim piece for the hood. I'm also guessing some brake work, and likely needed some tinkering to get running. Pretty simple job.... The fellas down at Recon's garage had her running by noontime. Just in time to test drive it, while making the lunch "burrito run"
Owners did some maintenance on the engine and it wouldn’t even crank afterwards. Charged up the battery and did some tweaking on the engine. Good to go. It’s an auto 1970, though the auto is a form of a manual.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Ahhhhhh yes.... The automatic stick shift. Or the auto-stick as it was called. For those who really only wanted half of a automatic transmission!
You could actually start out from a stop in any of the three forward gears, and if you weren't concerned about acceleration times, it didn't require any shifting at all. Owners soon discovered that running through all of the gears during normal driving would greatly decrease transmission temperature, thus increasing transmission life.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,831
^^^ For the gold bullion robbery at Fort Knox?

Somebody needs to check the timing cover dowel pin on that Dodge truck....
Nope, it’ll be my truck in the future. It’s abandoned at our shop and I’ll be getting a title for it soon. Then the work to get her roadworthy will be under way. Truck was only made for 2 years in its configuration, so it needs some oddities.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
It doesn't look to be in bad shape, other than the hood/roof needing a re-spray.
I like the regular cab trucks! They look like proper trucks, not 4-door cars with a truck bed added.
I wasn't kidding about that dowel pin. If you don't know the complete history about that truck, the timing cover needs to be removed, and the status of the dowel pin needs to be identified. It is a ten cent part that can potentially destroy the engine.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,837
It doesn't look to be in bad shape, other than the hood/roof needing a re-spray.
I like the regular cab trucks! They look like proper trucks, not 4-door cars with a truck bed added.
I wasn't kidding about that dowel pin. If you don't know the complete history about that truck, the timing cover needs to be removed, and the status of the dowel pin needs to be identified. It is a ten cent part that can potentially destroy the engine.
Everything will be inspected. As long as the truck was sitting everything will be checked. Im not taking any chances. I’m amazed how well it looks underneath for the amount of time it sat over dirt.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Everything will be inspected. As long as the truck was sitting everything will be checked. Im not taking any chances. I’m amazed how well it looks underneath for the amount of time it sat over dirt.

Pick your poison.
What are your plans for it once you get it roadworthy?

That truck would be a good candidate to take to Hodges Haulers, over in Benton, for a ramp truck bed installation. I think that the regular cab trucks are best suited for conversion because of their shorter wheelbase.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,840
Came in complaining about the infamous "Coyote tick". Left with a new, "slightly' louder exhaust system. Ticking solved!
Lol
Brake job. 2015 has around 108k miles, bought new. We did a resonator delete and X pipe install many moons ago.

Pick your poison.

1821 - 1840 of 1884 Posts