Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1841 - 1860 of 1884 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,841
What are your plans for it once you get it roadworthy?

That truck would be a good candidate to take to Hodges Haulers, over in Benton, for a ramp truck bed installation. I think that the regular cab trucks are best suited for conversion because of their shorter wheelbase.
I think it’s reasonable, I’d like to double rear wheel figures, but that’s way down the road. Then big singles in the rear, 5in MBRP straight pipe, Hurst shifter. Probably my biggest thing is I want to paint it destroyer grey. I wanted a loud color but didn’t think it would look good on the truck. I think destroyer grey is a loud enough color I’d like, and still looks good.No intentions on changing the bed. I like the look it has now.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,848
I feel like the New Edge probably had a bad coil.

The other car I don't know what it is.... Mercedes possibly?
Regardless, it looks too new for anything mechanical, so I'm going with maintenance of some sort.
2V got exhaust work.
Mercedes is the 10 E63 AMG. Got a throttle body and some electrical issues fixed.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,851
IMG_4122.jpg

IMG_4120.jpg

IMG_4121.jpg

IMG_4119.jpg

IMG_4118.jpg

IMG_4117.jpg

Had a little gathering today. Everyone went to a local resort on a lake following this meeting point. I wasn’t able to attend the cruise, just stopped by the meeting point.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
It’s the Snap-On Zeus, successor to the Verus.

Pick your poison.
That's a pretty expensive piece of electronics.

When I was in high school auto shop, they taught us how to use a timing light, dwell meter, and they also had some bigger pieces of tune-up/diagnostic equipment like a distributor machine, and a Sun diagnostic scope.
You know, the equipment gets smaller, but it still costs a whole hell of a bunch of money!
It's all relative though... That Sun scope had to have cost a lot when it was brand new, decades ago. It had a black and white television screen built right into it, Recon....

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
View attachment 303627
View attachment 303628
View attachment 303629
View attachment 303630
View attachment 303631
View attachment 303632
Had a little gathering today. Everyone went to a local resort on a lake following this meeting point. I wasn’t able to attend the cruise, just stopped by the meeting point.

Pick your poison.
Seems like a good place to pick up some of that Covid. Lol

Which one of those guys just throws his greasy McDonalds bag onto the hood of the best car there... The Foxbody?!?
It's a crazy world that we're living in now. smh
Look at that strip-mall. It looks like only one tenant is open for business. That gym will never survive.
So is Kentucky not under lockdown anymore?
You guys have resorts open?
Can I get a damned haircut if I go to Kentucky?

·
Registered
383 Posts

Which one of those guys just throws his greasy McDonalds bag onto the hood of the best car there... The Foxbody?!?
I presume (going by the pic) it's the big guy in the ball cap, white shirt w/Stampede, blue shorts... He's the one.

The windshield banner on the FB also says Stampede...

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,856

It's a crazy world that we're living in now. smh
Look at that strip-mall. It looks like only one tenant is open for business. That gym will never survive.
So is Kentucky not under lockdown anymore?
You guys have resorts open?
Can I get a damned haircut if I go to Kentucky?
We’re getting annoyed with this nonsense. Everyone is going crazy. It should be a “do at your own risk” situation, but it isn’t.
The pace car needs paint, when that happens I’m sure it’ll be a different story.
I’m hoping most businesses will be ok due to the amount of time they’ve been off but I doubt it’ll go that way.
We are still under lock down but we’re sick of it. Next week we’re supposed to have everything open again.
Got one yesterday.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,857
Don't know why they are in the shop, but I predict that one of those Corvettes will, at some point, be in a shipping container headed overseas.... Probably without all of the correct "paperwork".
Both are getting several repairs. Targa top is a 99, Vert is a 04.
04 is still here but the 99 is done and gone.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,859
I presume (going by the pic) it's the big guy in the ball cap, white shirt w/Stampede, blue shorts... He's the one.

That entire line of cars are from the club. I wasn’t in any of my mustangs so I didn’t include my car which was in photo. Though you can see the sail panel and window of my car in the photo if you zoom in the photo.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts

It looks like a lot of those cars have a Stampede window banner. Probably the club name.
I can see your train of thought.... That big fella doesn't seem likely to pass up a cheeseburger picnic.... But I don't think that he is the owner of that Fox. It just doesn't seem like he would be comfortable in one. I have him pegged as a S-197/S-550 guy. I would actually guess that he is the owner of the random Challenger, if it weren't for the T-shirt.
I believe that the owner of the Foxbody is wearing the blue jeans and grey T-shirt. That dude looks like the type of guy who can dig right in, and turn wrenches on that car. He's looking at the Coyote engine in the S-197 next to his, thinking "That engine will fit right into my little Fox, but I probably shouldn't do the swap since this is a Pace Car". Also, "That Egg Mcmuffin was tasty".

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the car next to the Fox was originally white, and has either been repainted or wrapped.

1841 - 1860 of 1884 Posts