Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1861 - 1880 of 1884 Posts

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
We’re getting annoyed with this nonsense. Everyone is going crazy. It should be a “do at your own risk” situation, but it isn’t.
The pace car needs paint, when that happens I’m sure it’ll be a different story.
I’m hoping most businesses will be ok due to the amount of time they’ve been off but I doubt it’ll go that way.
We are still under lock down but we’re sick of it. Next week we’re supposed to have everything open again.
Got one yesterday.

Pick your poison.
The problem with something as contagious as this is that "At your own risk" is much riskier for some folks than others. The folks who aren't necessarily at high risk can unknowingly spread the virus to those who are at a higher risk.
But I agree. This isn't going away, and at some point we just have to let the chips fall where they may.
Plus, I WANT A HAIRCUT!!!!!!!

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
That entire line of cars are from the club. I wasn’t in any of my mustangs so I didn’t include my car which was in photo. Though you can see the sail panel and window of my car in the photo if you zoom in the photo.

Pick your poison.
Did you drive the Chevy to a Mustang meet?

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,866
It looks like a lot of those cars have a Stampede window banner. Probably the club name.
I can see your train of thought.... That big fella doesn't seem likely to pass up a cheeseburger picnic.... But I don't think that he is the owner of that Fox. It just doesn't seem like he would be comfortable in one. I have him pegged as a S-197/S-550 guy. I would actually guess that he is the owner of the random Challenger, if it weren't for the T-shirt.
I believe that the owner of the Foxbody is wearing the blue jeans and grey T-shirt. That dude looks like the type of guy who can dig right in, and turn wrenches on that car. He's looking at the Coyote engine in the S-197 next to his, thinking "That engine will fit right into my little Fox, but I probably shouldn't do the swap since this is a Pace Car". Also, "That Egg Mcmuffin was tasty".

Upon closer inspection, it looks like the car next to the Fox was originally white, and has either been repainted or wrapped.
Correct. It was cars from two clubs but any car was welcome to attend, hence the Hellcat.
Easy now, I know him.
I won’t mention who owns what.
That is a 50th anniversary ecoboost. Kona Blue? Or deep impact, not sure. He has an aftermarket hood that is still white underneath.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,868
392 Challenger
Came in wanting hood pins because...... Well, just because.

58 Chevy
Hmmmmm...... What could go wrong with a 62 year old truck?
I'm going with carb adjustment and general tune-up work.
Very cool truck.
For once it’s a car we did nothing to. He needed some custom exhaust sections for a 48 ford. What I found out is that particular challenger is a rare bird. I think 1 of 37?
Truck got the exhaust fixed along with an alignment.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Correct. It was cars from two clubs but any car was welcome to attend, hence the Hellcat.
Easy now, I know him.
I won’t mention who owns what.
That is a 50th anniversary ecoboost. Kona Blue? Or deep impact, not sure. He has an aftermarket hood that is still white underneath.

Pick your poison.
Yes, but which person specifically do you know? (Joking)

I meant no disrespect.... Just making my usual inane observations.
Seems like a fine group of fellow enthusiasts.

I really misidentified that EcoBoost. Lol
It looks like the inside of the fender is white, but it is probably just the sunlight reflecting.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,870
Yes, but which person specifically do you know? (Joking)

I meant no disrespect.... Just making my usual inane observations.
Seems like a fine group of fellow enthusiasts.

I really misidentified that EcoBoost. Lol
It looks like the inside of the fender is white, but it is probably just the sunlight reflecting.
I figured you weren’t being serious; I wasn’t being tense about the comment.
I give him crap about the car for being a 4 banger from time to time, but always comment that thing with the work that’s done to it is still stronger than my N/A V8’s.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
That's a pretty fancy Mercury wagon.
Is that a Pontiac Parisienne?
The Mustang absolutely, positively, has to be getting some exhaust work done to it. (Finally a gimme!) 😀

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,873
All 3 are exhaust.
The 86 wagon has over 300k miles and is in very good condition.
The 84 Bonneville is a nice low mile (72k) car in excellent shape.
The 66 mustang got exhaust fixed and tail pipes made for it.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
Those spiked lug nuts look like just the thing to ward of any "protestors" who may wander too close to the vehicle....

Why don't they just put a Hellcat engine in those 300's, I wonder?

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,878
IMG_4247.jpg

Saw this on Saturday on the way to the mustang meeting. Very unexpected.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,787 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,879
Those spiked lug nuts look like just the thing to ward of any "protestors" who may wander too close to the vehicle....

Why don't they just put a Hellcat engine in those 300's, I wonder?
Definitely.
I don’t know. Figure it shouldn’t be too hard being it’s a rebodied Charger. I’m looking forward to the TRX when it comes out. Thing should be awesome.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,401 Posts
I had never heard of the TRX.

A bunch of Hellcats were "liberated" from a Dodge dealership, here in CA, by rioters. I believe that they got more than 70 cars in total. 2.7 million dollars worth. They drove a limited-edition Hellcat right through the plate-glass of the showroom floor!
I'm pretty sure that most of the cars that are retrieved will end up at Copart, so there should be quite a few Hellcat drivetrains becoming available for swapping purposes in the near future.
A person could build there own TRX, or Hellcat 300, I suppose....

1861 - 1880 of 1884 Posts