Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1881 - 1900 of 1908 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,881
I had never heard of the TRX.

A bunch of Hellcats were "liberated" from a Dodge dealership, here in CA, by rioters. I believe that they got more than 70 cars in total. 2.7 million dollars worth. They drove a limited-edition Hellcat right through the plate-glass of the showroom floor!
I'm pretty sure that most of the cars that are retrieved will end up at Copart, so there should be quite a few Hellcat drivetrains becoming available for swapping purposes in the near future.
A person could build there own TRX, or Hellcat 300, I suppose....
The Rebel TRX is the Hellcat powered Raptor competitor Ram.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
The Porsche is breathing a sigh of relief. .

This is why I am no longer easy on my tires. May as well have a good time wearing them out, rather than letting time take its toll...

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
I had never heard of the TRX.

A bunch of Hellcats were "liberated" from a Dodge dealership, here in CA, by rioters. I believe that they got more than 70 cars in total. 2.7 million dollars worth. They drove a limited-edition Hellcat right through the plate-glass of the showroom floor!
I'm pretty sure that most of the cars that are retrieved will end up at Copart, so there should be quite a few Hellcat drivetrains becoming available for swapping purposes in the near future.
A person could build there own TRX, or Hellcat 300, I suppose....
It looks like the Hellcats that the dealership got back so far have all been stripped of their drivetrains.
They knew....

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,885
The Porsche is breathing a sigh of relief. .

This is why I am no longer easy on my tires. May as well have a good time wearing them out, rather than letting time take its toll...
Wheels are on the car but waiting on O ring gaskets for the center caps. Then she’ll be good to go. Cool thing is Fikse is sending gaskets free of charge. I can’t say Roush would do such a thing.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,890
I'm envious.... Still haven't got a haircut.
I'm looking like Doc from "Back to the Future".
Haha
Everything is open again here. Although we have restrictions on several things. Restaurants aren’t allowed at full capacity, and gatherings are supposed to be limited in attendance. Our last meeting had almost 30 mustangs in attendance, no issues with police. We have another meeting this weekend, and it should be a good one. Club has really grown since I joined.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Same here. Even the more populated counties are beginning to open back up.
The county that I live in, which is very remote, basically, opened up several weeks ago, with all of the restrictions associated with living in the new "Covid era". A couple of the less populated counties only shut down for a couple of weeks before going "rogue".
I probably could have found a place to get a haircut weeks ago, if I had applied myself.
Maybe I will go tomorrow....

That New Edge looks like a nice clean example. They are becoming the new Foxbody, as the Fox cars are becoming more difficult to find in decent condition.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
That 57 looks real clean. I can't imagine that they wanted a loud exhaust on that car.... Single exhaust, with a factory style muffler?

There is only one thing that could make that car any better....

·
Premium Member
6,811 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,894
That 57 looks real clean. I can't imagine that they wanted a loud exhaust on that car.... Single exhaust, with a factory style muffler?

There is only one thing that could make that car any better....
It should be it’s a national champion. It had an exhaust leak so we fixed it.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,439 Posts
Be that as it may.... I still say COYOTE SWAP IT!!!!!
Haha

It could always be returned to stock, although, I don't know why anyone would want to do that once the deed has been done. Unless, of course, that happens to be a rare fuel injected engine.

The tri-five Chevys never fell out of favor with hot rodders, unlike many other cars that got tossed aside as the next models rolled out. They are the true definition of timeless classic.

Have you seen where some guys are taking the four-door cars and converting them into two-doors?

1881 - 1900 of 1908 Posts