Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1901 - 1920 of 1959 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,902
It has a 1965 grill.
Throwing a curve-ball at ol' Stray, ehh Recon? Lol

What sort of powerplant is in that Chevelle?
It sounds beefy enough to be a big block.

That's not at the shop.
What is that place?
Is that where you take all of the cars when the repair bill doesn't get paid?
It’s in the back lot.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Is that a Z4?
I always liked the E36 Z3 Coupe. I guess that is another exception to my BMW list.

What were you guys doing to that car?

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,905
Is that a Z4?
I always liked the E36 Z3 Coupe. I guess that is another exception to my BMW list.

What were you guys doing to that car?
It is.
Friend of ours has an M Roadster model. Which is basically a widebody Z3 with the M3 engine and other goodies. I like that car.
It was a trade in at a local dealer and the top wasn’t working.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Lol.
Well that is a interesting looking first generation F-series!

I was thinking about doing that to my ramp truck, but adding a unpowered tag-axle, behind the drive axle, can cause traction issues while transitioning from a level road to a steep incline. Such as going up a steep driveway. Particularly, on a vehicle with a ridiculously long wheelbase. Plus, the damned truck is heavy enough without adding any more weight to it.

The exhaust stacks are a nice touch!
What is she in for?

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,908
Lol.
Well that is a interesting looking first generation F-series!

I was thinking about doing that to my ramp truck, but adding a unpowered tag-axle, behind the drive axle, can cause traction issues while transitioning from a level road to a steep incline. Such as going up a steep driveway. Particularly, on a vehicle with a ridiculously long wheelbase. Plus, the damned truck is heavy enough without adding any more weight to it.

The exhaust stacks are a nice touch!
What is she in for?
I like it. It’s an unpowered rear axle. Though I doubt the truck have any problems with the hopped up 454 that’s in it. We finished the exhaust.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
That's a good looking '69.
I really want to say exhaust on this one, but it looks like it is sitting on a alignment rack.... So I'm going with alignment

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,912
That's a good looking '69.
I really want to say exhaust on this one, but it looks like it is sitting on a alignment rack.... So I'm going with alignment
Steering wheel was off center. Then the alternator was out of alignment causing the belt to squeal. It also got some new spark plugs along with the choke hooked up properly. Car actually sounds good with the factory mufflers on it. Which it’s a very healthy 402.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Kia Sumthinerother.
Either it is in for routine maintenance, or the owner wants to finally unpack it from the shipping crate that it came in, so that they can see what the car looks like under there! 😂
My neighbor has an older one, and as far as I know, it has been rock solid.

Jeep YJ
It's a Jeep. Not really known for their reliability. Could be most anything.
The first thing that I would do is get some tires that match the width of the wheels.

Mustang GT
The rims are so overwhelming on this car, it almost looks like there are no tires. Definitely an attention getter!
I almost missed the Halloween mask on the passenger seat headrest.🤪
Has to have been one of your club members just dropping by for a visit.

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,914
Kia Sumthinerother.
Either it is in for routine maintenance, or the owner wants to finally unpack it from the shipping crate that it came in, so that they can see what the car looks like under there!
My neighbor has an older one, and as far as I know, it has been rock solid.

Jeep YJ
It's a Jeep. Not really known for their reliability. Could be most anything.
The first thing that I would do is get some tires that match the width of the wheels.

Mustang GT
The rims are so overwhelming on this car, it almost looks like there are no tires. Definitely an attention getter!
I almost missed the Halloween mask on the passenger seat headrest.
Has to have been one of your club members just dropping by for a visit.
Brand new 2020 Kia Soul GT. Pretty nice car, it’s the hot rod model. Friend of ours bought it and brought it by to show us. I can’t believe what she paid for it, as optioned as it is with being the hot rod model. A lot of car for the price.
Jeep is an 89. Trans, transfer case, and both diff’s fluid service. Also had the fill hose and vent hose dry rotted for the fuel tank.
That’s a 17 GT. We installed lowering springs. Yes the wheels are pretty loud but he’s changing them soon. They were on the car when he bought them. And yes he’s know to have several masks on the passenger headrest.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,916
Got a high end car coming next week. Only hint: PDK.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
Chevelle
It has a 1964 grill, so I'm going out on the limb, and saying it is a 1964... You never can tell with 50+ year old car. Possibly a Super Sport, but I can't tell if that is a reflection on the rear of the quarter panel, or a SS badge.
Looks to be a nice example.
If it wasn't in for something mechanical, the suspension, or the brakes... Then definitely a exhaust job. (Just covering all the bases).

Mustang GT
Despite people trying to use the fine Ford name as an acronym for some silly, derogatory phrase.... I am a firm believer that Ford engines never break.... NEVER!!!
Most of the Fords posted, that come into your shop, have been "elective surgery", and a lot of them don't even have a Ford engine, after being molested by the misguided.
For that reason, I have to go with exhaust work for this one.

·
Premium Member
6,855 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,919
Chevelle
It has a 1964 grill, so I'm going out on the limb, and saying it is a 1964... You never can tell with 50+ year old car. Possibly a Super Sport, but I can't tell if that is a reflection on the rear of the quarter panel, or a SS badge.
Looks to be a nice example.
If it wasn't in for something mechanical, the suspension, or the brakes... Then definitely a exhaust job. (Just covering all the bases).

Mustang GT
Despite people trying to use the fine Ford name as an acronym for some silly, derogatory phrase.... I am a firm believer that Ford engines never break.... NEVER!!!
Most of the Fords posted, that come into your shop, have been "elective surgery", and a lot of them don't even have a Ford engine, after being molested by the misguided.
For that reason, I have to go with exhaust work for this one.
64 Malibu. Busted brake line, and no brakes. Gotta love a single reservoir master cylinder.
10 GT. Had a hole in the exhaust.
Check out post #1916, it’s coming this week. Looking forward to seeing it.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,483 Posts
That's why many of us older guys still call the parking brake the "emergency brake". Stepping on the brake pedal and having it go to the floor, with nothing happening, was a real thing back in the day.

I have my guess of what is coming in, but I kinda just want to be surprised.

1901 - 1920 of 1959 Posts