Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1961 - 1980 of 2003 Posts

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,962
The Helldorado was there!

How many of those cars have been worked on at the shop?
That I’m aware of:
The black Carrera by my Chevy.
Both 356s, red and silver. Silver car is perfection. Red is an unrestored survivor, but had a color change very very early in its life.
The Ferrari.
The Caddy.
The LS powered BMW beside the Ferrari.
And about 5 mustangs that aren’t in the photo.
The viper, beside our 930, will be making a visit soon.
Reason I didn’t judge, too many customers were there. And we aren’t going down that road.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,963
IMG_5863.jpg

Big block-less.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,966
IMG_5893.jpg

Took a photo today. Some of the cars at the shop that are being worked on.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
The first thing that caught my eye, is the El Camino. Other than the broken tailgate handle, and the missing bumper moulding, it looks pretty clean from the backside.
I then noticed the white car with the Chevy rally wheels, but couldn't easily identify it. I had to zoom in to determine that it must be the Buick GS that you mentioned earlier.
Then I saw it. The General Lee!
It looks like a faithful reproduction, missing only the Georgia license plate! Pretty darned cool!
If I had access to that car, I would not be able to resist taking a running start, and doing a Luke Duke slide across the hood. And then spin around, and vault through the drivers side window feet first! No less!
Apologies and payment for any damage would come later....
😀

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,968
The first thing that caught my eye, is the El Camino. Other than the broken tailgate handle, and the missing bumper moulding, it looks pretty clean from the backside.
I then noticed the white car with the Chevy rally wheels, but couldn't easily identify it. I had to zoom in to determine that it must be the Buick GS that you mentioned earlier.
Then I saw it. The General Lee!
It looks like a faithful reproduction, missing only the Georgia license plate! Pretty darned cool!
If I had access to that car, I would not be able to resist taking a running start, and doing a Luke Duke slide across the hood. And then spin around, and vault through the drivers side window feet first! No less!
Apologies and payment for any damage would come later....
El Camino is getting some engine work and the exhaust is done.
The Riviera GS is a really nice car. It drives just like my Chevy, but I don’t have a big block.
General Lee has been a long term fix. Several things the owner wanted to be addressed. Though it’s a 68 Charger; it is still a pretty solid car.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,971
That is one dirty filter!
What's the story with that?
It hasn’t been serviced in a while. Might be why there’s several camshaft codes in the car.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
8,541 Posts
Well, let's see...
The Duramax has to have something wrong with the injectors. Those things are always a problem.
The El Camino is in for engine work, if I recall.
The Bronco was probably a brake job.
I have to go with emissions problems for the Dodge.

Do you guys have emissions testing in KY?

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,977
Well, let's see...
The Duramax has to have something wrong with the injectors. Those things are always a problem.
The El Camino is in for engine work, if I recall.
The Bronco was probably a brake job.
I have to go with emissions problems for the Dodge.

Do you guys have emissions testing in KY?
Duramax is an 03 or 4, 73k miles needed batteries. Probably my trucks replacement unfortunately.
El got exhaust then some engine tuning.
Bronco was a full brake line kit.
Cummins was a exhaust kit install, 4 or 5in.
We do but only in Louisville, Lexington, and maybe BG, but not where I live.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,979
Has pretty low miles, and looks like it's in good shape.... It should be a decent replacement.
What happened to your truck?
It’s a very nice truck, I only wish it was the body style of ours. I’m partial to the 99-02 body style as it is my favorite. But this one is owned by a friend of ours and neighbor. He’s very meticulous about his possessions. Which is a plus.
My truck is having some issues but it’s still a very good truck. She’s been very good to me and my family. I’m not wanting to get rid of it, but ultimately if my father decides it’s time to go, then that’s that. Technically he owns the truck but I daily it and I take care of the repairs. She’s about 500 miles from 230k and he’s been wanting to replace it. Who knows we might end up keeping her, only time will tell.

Pick your poison.

·
Premium Member
6,901 Posts
Discussion Starter #1,980
IMG_6436.jpg

Two of them got winterized today.

Pick your poison.

1961 - 1980 of 2003 Posts