Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 86 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So ford is going global with the mustang and competing with europe. What would ford have to do to compete with bmw/audi/jag etc. Most companies have some of this already.
Heads up display
Heated/cilled cupholders
Push button start
Paddle shifter
Hardtop convertible
Irs
V6/v8/turbo
Recaros
Brembos
Sync
Mycolor
Pony dor lights
Automatic start
Glass rooftop-retraketable
Sunroof
Im a die hard mustang fan but love some of these options that the mustang lacks. What would you like to see on the new 15 that would give europe a run for there money?

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
It should not be about what Ford wants, it's about what we want. That's how the Ford Probe almost replaced the Mustang in the early 90's. if they want a Euro global performance car, then build the Evo with all the stuff you said.
But the Mustang is an American Muscle car. I don't expect the retro style to stay this way, but it should keep the elements of the original cars.
Classics designs like BMW's and Porches continue to refine their core designs. You can ID almost any year of those cars. You don't compete with a 370z by trying build a better 370z.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
It should not be about what Ford wants, it's about what we want. That's how the Ford Probe almost replaced the Mustang in the early 90's. if they want a Euro global performance car, then build the Evo with all the stuff you said.
But the Mustang is an American Muscle car. I don't expect the retro style to stay this way, but it should keep the elements of the original cars.
Classics designs like BMW's and Porches continue to refine their core designs. You can ID almost any year of those cars. You don't compete with a 370z by trying build a better 370z.
+10000000000

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
Factory surcharged 5.0 not a roush or anything but much like a terminator. A 5.0 svt cobra
And pay 60k for a base gt?

·
Registered
169 Posts
lowflyn said:
And pay 60k for a base gt?
No im sayin make a base gt then make a supercharged version like the cobra in 03/04. since the new gt500 is basically a supercar now, just narrow the gap between the gt500 and gt.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
bradtaylornator said:
No im sayin make a base gt then make a supercharged version like the cobra in 03/04. since the new gt500 is basically a supercar now, just narrow the gap between the gt500 and gt.
The 03 cobra was a supercar compared to the 03 gt.

·
Registered
169 Posts
All im saying is that I personally think it would be cool to see a factory supercharged 5.0 im not really trying to get in depth to much with prices and such. My opinion is I think it would be cool.

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
I think the Boss 302 fills the gap between the two. They're not going to have a car too close to the GT500 and be 40K cheaper. That's what happened to the camaro's from the late 90's, they didn't want to get it too close to the vette and lose vette sales.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
I think the Boss 302 fills the gap between the two. They're not going to have a car too close to the GT500 and be 40K cheaper. That's what happened to the camaro's from the late 90's, they didn't want to get it too close to the vette and lose vette sales.
Yea true but just imagine a 550hp supercharged boss. That would be awesome it would probably cost the same as a 500 but it would be cool

·
Registered
519 Posts
tolly5.0 said:
So ford is going global with the mustang and competing with europe. What would ford have to do to compete with bmw/audi/jag etc. Most companies have some of this already.
Heads up display
Heated/cilled cupholders
Push button start
Paddle shifter
Hardtop convertible
Irs
V6/v8/turbo
Recaros
Brembos
Sync
Mycolor
Pony dor lights
Automatic start
Glass rooftop-retraketable
Sunroof
Im a die hard mustang fan but love some of these options that the mustang lacks. What would you like to see on the new 15 that would give europe a run for there money?
So they would all cost between 35 and 50k?

·
Registered
361 Posts
Ford cant compete with audi and the likes of the euros in a sports car. Theyll fall short everytime. Fact is fords dont appeal to the euros, euros appeal to americans. Would u rather own a bmw sedan or a fusion? Same category, of course bmw costs more but its also worth more. Ford would have to step there game up to compete thus letting dodge and chevy take over the average american market. 18-35k. It just wont work. They are gonna try and make the 15 look more euro, but they are going to lose alot of americans in the process and not gain enough foreigners.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Edens5 said:
Ford cant compete with audi and the likes of the euros in a sports car. Theyll fall short everytime. Fact is fords dont appeal to the euros, euros appeal to americans. Would u rather own a bmw sedan or a fusion? Same category, of course bmw costs more but its also worth more. Ford would have to step there game up to compete thus letting dodge and chevy take over the average american market. 18-35k. It just wont work. They are gonna try and make the 15 look more euro, but they are going to lose alot of americans in the process and not gain enough foreigners.
I dont agree! If americans go for euro built cars then why not produce american euro based cars that are affordable. I am not sure if i like the new 15 but i do believe the concept is good for sales and im sure the new stang will look different then the car and driver photos but with a gt that produces 450 hp and a independent rear suspension whats not to like about that. The old 5.0s to me are not great looking cars but that 5.0 engine that they used was outstanding during that time nothing kept up with it. Ford will do that again and make the 50th a great one.It will change how we look at american cars. This will finally stand up to the euro market and show that americans can still build cars. This is what america needs!

·
Registered
1,890 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
I dont agree! If americans go for euro built cars then why not produce american euro based cars that are affordable. I am not sure if i like the new 15 but i do believe the concept is good for sales and im sure the new stang will look different then the car and driver photos but with a gt that produces 450 hp and a independent rear suspension whats not to like about that. The old 5.0s to me are not great looking cars but that 5.0 engine that they used was outstanding during that time nothing kept up with it. Ford will do that again and make the 50th a great one.It will change how we look at american cars. This will finally stand up to the euro market and show that americans can still build cars. This is what america needs!
You're not going to beat them at their own game. In America status for many is driving a BMW or Mercedes. In Europe status is driving a BMW or Mercedes. By the time the car is exported to Europe the price point will be competing with cars it can't compete with.
The best similar market to ours is Australia, but the drive on the wrong side. I agree that Ford is going to screw this up.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Aggiesrok said:
You're not going to beat them at their own game. In America status for many is driving a BMW or Mercedes. In Europe status is driving a BMW or Mercedes. By the time the car is exported to Europe the price point will be competing with cars it can't compete with.
The best similar market to ours is Australia, but the drive on the wrong side. I agree that Ford is going to screw this up.

I understand what you are saying but remember ford started something in in 2005 with the new retro design of the s197 mustang body style. People loved this style so ofcourse what did chevy and dodge do they built new retro design cars in the camaro and challenger. Chevy and dodge even went as far as bring back these cars to compete. I would like to believe that ford can take over Europe but that isnt going to happen but for ford to base design off euro style cars it will work for americans and help sells watch companies in america will follow. I hope your on here in 10 years so i can say i told you so.

·
Registered
361 Posts
redbeast0712 said:
I understand what you are saying but remember ford started something in in 2005 with the new retro design of the s197 mustang body style. People loved this style so ofcourse what did chevy and dodge do they built new retro design cars in the camaro and challenger. Chevy and dodge even went as far as bring back these cars to compete. I would like to believe that ford can take over Europe but that isnt going to happen but for ford to base design off euro style cars it will work for americans and help sells watch companies in america will follow. I hope your on here in 10 years so i can say i told you so.
Americans loved the retro redesign on there muscle cars cuz we love retro cars.. I dont want my mustang to look like an audi.. Id rather have an audi then.

·
Registered
545 Posts
Edens5 said:
Americans loved the retro redesign on there muscle cars cuz we love retro cars.. I dont want my mustang to look like an audi.. Id rather have an audi then.
I also love the retro look thats why i buy the newer mustang i have had many of the late models and i look to take the retro look and build on it. I have a 2013 now and i want to look at it and be reminded of the classic mustangs. But how long can the retro design last it time for something new. I do agree that the mustang should always look like a mustang as long as it lives but what about other models. In my opinion i think that ford should go for the euro design in some models not all and get sells up in the US i dont expect europeans to take in ford but i hope that americans take on the european designs to sell more. Thats all im saying here

1 - 20 of 86 Posts