·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
looks like the v6 will actually have a 4.0

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
At first the V6 will acutally be a Duratec 35. It's a 3.5 DOHC engine. As seen here:

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/artman/publish/article_265.shtml

But I guess things changed. Even though it will now have 200 HP, it'll be a much power-to-weight ration as the 1994. The new platform, well, has a real big ass on it.

I'm not liking the spoiler being color-keyed. Paint it black or shave it off, your going old school keep it that way. As for the interior, they should come with stock "Running Pony" floor mats and get rid of the purple seats. That's as good as the Black-and-Red, and Black-and-green interior that came with the early 94s.

The manual shifters should be bend around like the 67s and should have the lock-out on the reverse gear. (That's a little bar across the shift handle that you pull up to get it to go in reverse.)

As for the inside, add an option that looks like the new '03 hood but intergrate blinkers into them too. Might also be wise to add sequential turn signals too.

I got alot t else I'd like to say about this car too. But I'm to lazy. :p

·
Registered
941 Posts
bah, the days of the pushrod is over. what days are these. :(

i'd take that 3.5 4v over a 4.0 2v though.

·
Premium Member
1,389 Posts
sweet lookin car... but they're making it harder for the v6 to tread in v8 territory

i guess they listened to emails from v8 owners complaining about getting smoked by some little v6

:(

·
Registered
941 Posts
darkling said:
sweet lookin car... but they're making it harder for the v6 to tread in v8 territory

i guess they listened to emails from v8 owners complaining about getting smoked by some little v6
uhhhhh... i doubt it. more like they want to take over the former fbod v8 market by offering more power for all models.

·
Premium Member
1,350 Posts
Variable Timing...

So now the GT is VTEKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKKK.. lol

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Hey it's an 52 increase to me!

But the new engine will respond better to mods now. No replacement for displacement? Remember that? ;)

The pushrod is over because its not emmisions friendly. With an OHC you can control the millisecond the valve opens and closes.

·
Registered
574 Posts
Yeah but, look how long it took for people to actually start MAKING mods for our engines... I don't see an explosion in aftermarket mods for the 05 mustang anytime soon.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
GT mods will still be available since its still the 4.6L

blowers and things like that probably wont need much R+D

184 Posts
ahhh yes the reason im getting a srt4 :D ................ so ugly.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
GT mods will still be available since its still the 4.6L
The basic stuff will take awhile to make. Like CAI, headers, after-cat, ect.

The hardcore stuff like strokers, intake manifolds, heads, ect. will alreay be able to bolt together. :headbang:

184 Posts
i think the srt 4's look a ton better then the 05 stang. That thing is just plain fugly. Looks like a box with tires. As far as previous mustangs its all a matter of opinion. Personally im just kinda tired of mustangs.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
steve, the srt-4 is crossed eyed. and ****, the new mustang is 40 years old, it ain't ugly :D

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
i'm sure that 4.0 is bigger than 235???

1 - 20 of 92 Posts