Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Re: The Shelby GT has been reveiled.

It's about the dumbest idea ever. It's a GT with 25 more horsepower and a Shelby name.

·
Premium Member
1,306 Posts
Re: The Shelby GT has been reveiled.

It's about the dumbest idea ever. It's a GT with 25 more horsepower and a Shelby name.
The Shelby names sells cars...or that's what Ford is banking on, anyway.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Re: The 2007 Shelby GT has been reveiled.

IMO its like the mach 1 idea.. when the cobra had 390 HP, mach 1 had 315.. (even though the GT had only 260..)

+ it includes handling upgrades..

I dunno, I'd take a white one with a manual trans..

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

260 vs 315 and 300 vs 325.....

Not the same as far as what you get for your money imo.

·
Registered
17 Posts

:idea: I'm thinking this may be the line up as compared to the previous body style:01-04 models:Mustang [email protected] 260 h.p./[email protected]/Mach I @305-310/[email protected](more like 400+) The new line up mustang [email protected]/Shelby [email protected]/Boss @390/Shelby [email protected], just continuing the cycle. The 01 bullitt was rated only 5 to 10 H.p. more than the Gt with the cobra brakes etc., being the rational reason for the price increase.JMO

·
Premium Member
1,929 Posts

:idea: I'm thinking this may be the line up as compared to the previous body style:01-04 models:Mustang [email protected] 260 h.p./[email protected]/Mach I @305-310/[email protected](more like 400+) The new line up mustang [email protected]/Shelby [email protected]/Boss @390/Shelby [email protected], just continuing the cycle. The 01 bullitt was rated only 5 to 10 H.p. more than the Gt with the cobra brakes etc., being the rational reason for the price increase.JMO
good counter argument :good:

I think they'll sell out of them personally. Then people can still say they drive a Shelby. Lot of collectors out there.

·
Registered
986 Posts

I like how it looks, much better than a GT or the rental car. I image the side scoops are fake, but they look tight.

·
Registered
986 Posts

This site has a lot of info, and a well done first test drive video of a Shelby GT. It states that it will cost $35,000.First Drive: 2007 Ford Mustang Shelby GT

This site says that it will be available with a 6-speed manual transmission, but I think that they might be wrong.
Breaking! Chevrolet Camaro, Ford Mustang Shelby GT, and Lincoln MKS will all see production - Latest Auto News and Pictures - Automobile Magazine

At $35,000 its a little high, but it doesn't seem to bad when you compare it to a car like maybe a 350Z Track, or Grand Touring model, as long as it doesn't get hit with huge markups (kind of sounds like wishful thinking). I like it, and think it got some nice upgrades.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
6,866 Posts
and we wonder why ford is in bad shape... look at the decisions they make.
This one is actually a good one for them. They don't have to do anything other than slap a shelby badge on a GT and put the hood that is an option for GTs on it and boom...a new line they can charge more money for without investing any R&D into it.

In the real world outside of ford, it is a retarded concept. Since Shelby had nothing to do with the design (just like he had nothing to do with the GT500 till the very end), doesn't mean you can slap a shelby badge on it. At least the old shelbys were created by the man. These are just lame ass attempts to add a primo name tax to a car that doesn't need to be any more expensive.

·
Premium Member
2,205 Posts
i dunno...i saw the gt500 in person, heard the kid turn it on, and honestly, the 06 gt that was 20 feet away from it sound 100x better and looked 100x better

this idea is smart and dumb all at the same time...smart because ford will sell cars, dumb because its basically a gt with shelby badges and a few bolt ons to give it a few more hp...

·
Premium Member
2,221 Posts
good move IMO.

its a medium between the GT500 and the normal GT.

though i would have liked to see 350hp out of the 4.6L n/a, ditch the 3v crap and slap a 4v on the 4.6l and some good tuning, and a 6spd with a good gear ratio. or hell, they shouldve just did a 5.4/4v combo right out of the box, finally give the LS1 guys something to compete with in terms of n/a power from the mustang camp.

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
all that matters is that the cars sell.
This is true but there is a difference between making a sale now and making a sale down the road. If a dealership forces you, lies to you, intimidates you, etc into buying a car they may make the deal today but they wont get return business. Some say return business is more important that just selling a single car~

Making sure the item they purchase lives up to the hype is going to ensure they have loyal customers for years to come... if the mustang was thrown together like a POS it would lose a ton of loyal customers... many would jump into one trusting ford only to be let down and would probably NEVER buy another ford product ever.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
This is true but there is a difference between making a sale now and making a sale down the road. If a dealership forces you, lies to you, intimidates you, etc into buying a car they may make the deal today but they wont get return business. Some say return business is more important that just selling a single car~
Yes, but they won't have to do any of that to sell these cars. They'll probably go rather quickly because of the name. I'd say this is actually a pretty smart move by Ford. Sure, the pure enthusiasts aren't gonna care for it too much, but everyone else will probably eat it up.

·
Registered
1 Posts

Making sure the item they purchase lives up to the hype is going to ensure they have loyal customers for years to come... if the mustang was thrown together like a POS it would lose a ton of loyal customers... many would jump into one trusting ford only to be let down and would probably NEVER buy another ford product ever.
I wish I had more to sell. They are currently going for $20,000 Over MSRP. We were fortunate enough to get Saleen certified and now I have those to sell. I drove the 550 HP version and it really handles well. I didnt have a chance to test the Shelby because all that arrive are sold.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts