Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I spent the night at a friends house pretty close to mine, got up in the morning to go somewhere, and this is what i get to wake up to. I hate people that do this. there is absolutely no reason for any sort of vandalism like this. If i ever find out who did this...

I ran by the local ford dealership, quoted me around $300 for the part, installation, and paint blending.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Looks like a big plop of gum thrown on there. What was wit someone hit it?

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
oh no, not gum. Whatever it was was probably thrown or something. It's all the way down into the fiberglass. The paint is peelin off right there and everything. I'll go get a better (better... not a word that really describes what i mean, but oh well) pic of it.

·
Premium Member
1,507 Posts
hey man that sucks, but do they have to replace the part? why cant they sand it down a little and paint it. white is so easy to paint and match. :wtf: sorry man

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
They did say they could cover it, sand it, blah blah, but he said and i know that before long it will look like ****. I did ask him about it.

The dent is very deep into the fiberglass. And whatever hit it was blue. I think it was on purpose because just recently a lot of vandalism has been happenin in that neighborhood. I hope it keeps up, cuz the longer it happens, the better chance I'll find out who's doing it.

·
Registered
800 Posts
Ahhhh sorry Nick, I had saw the name and thought it was Jason ( White95Stangv6 ) and didnt think twice...DOH!

Sounds like it was a paint gun that hit your car to do that damage and to leave a blue residue...just a thought!

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
People these days are just being more crappier and crappier. A friend of mine at work bought a new Subaru WRX in silver. Its the nicest car on the lot and for the first week he's owned it people scratched it, dinged it, and put small dents in it. :no: I'm sorry to hear man

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
yeah, it does suck that a lot of people are assholes like that.

I thought it might have been a paintball. I looked around my car even for a busted paintball and didn't see one. I think one would have left a lot more paint too, and the blue is still on there, after being washed and rained on, so I'm not sure about the paintball gun.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
paintball gun marks will last awhile, but they normally fade away till you can barely see them and eventually they go away. Friends of mine shot up their car with a paintball gun (they LOVE their old honda civic) and there were pink dots all over the car for weeks

·
I liek gramer
8,537 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
but will a paintball go deep enough into the fiberglass and make the paint that color?

well i dont really care that much about the paint, the whole panel will have to be replaced. You can tell whatever it was came from the back side of the car and hit the drivers side, and that side was on the street.

Im sure a paintball gun probably could have done it, but they would have had to have had some high velocity to get enough fps to go thru to the fiberglass, wouldnt they?

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
Yeah, which they could have done.. depending on the gun and what kind of air they are using. If they were on high and standing fairly close to it, it could really do some damage.. but I really don't think a paintball gun could have scratched it that badly. I mean the paintballs themselves are pretty light and burst easily. I wanna say it looks like a bottle or a ball that hit it? :|

·
Registered
30 Posts
If it was a paintball gun, they could have been using frozen paintballs. But whatever it was, sorry that had to happen man. that really sucks.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
First off, that's not fiberglass. The only fiberglass on our car is the underside of the hood and spoiler.

If I remember that is sheet metal. Take it to a body shop, let them take the panel off, and them let repaint it.

Whatever it was, it had a high acidity (sp?) level in it to eat right through the paint and clearcoat down to the primier.

·
Premium Member
908 Posts
well how big is the mark? Normal sized paintballs are quarter sized

·
11,873 Posts
Dude you get me the paint and supplies to paint it and Iw ill do it man. I painted my whole car(two days before I totaled it :oops: )

There is a Paint shop off Bob Wallace in Huntsville that we can ride up to and they can get you all the supplies we need and then we can repaint it and let it dry over night.

No need for a whole new piece and we cant make it look any worse :D

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
Oh ouch I see it better now in that closer pic. That sucks balls.

white99 said:
If it was a paintball gun, they could have been using frozen paintballs.
My thoughts eggzactly. Only way any kind of that damage from a paintball can do that is only when its frozen. Ive shot enough paintballs in the past to know :D But theres not enough paint splatter there though. :wtf:

1 - 20 of 60 Posts