Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
on the New Edges looks dumb as h***, I mean, who puts a 20 foot antenna on a sports car? So, I want one of these (not necessarily this exact one)

Universal Hidden Am FM Car Radio Windshield Antenna New | eBay

Has anyone put one of these types of antennas on? i really want to get rid of that eyesore on my front fender but i dont want to completely lose my radio either because I do actually listen to it every now and then.

·
Registered
7,151 Posts
they work but you'll have to shave your old one off...they make kits to blend in the hole but it's gonna need a respray on that fenger. try just cutting your stocker...i have mine down to 4" and still get great reception

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I might try that then, I'll probably be spraying some plasti-dip over it as well to make it black...

·
Registered
289 Posts
I've installed lots of on the glass amplified antennas in cars. They work well, you just need to make sure your windows are not tinted because it can reduce reception. Like what was stated above you just have to patch up the hole left buy the old one.

·
Loc: Austin,TX
5,680 Posts
You can always remove the antenna,remove the ball,cut it down to the size you want and re-attach the ball. It may not be what you want but it's a inexpensive option and doesn't look bad at all.

·
Registered
3,228 Posts
I didn't like that 20 foot tall one either. So I just went with this billet antenna one, barely stands and 1/8 of an inch tall and still gets great reception.

·
Registered
916 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Gives me some ideas, and the best thing is I don't need it to have perfect reception, because most of the radio stations I listen to (or the wife listens to) are broadcast right here in city, so should pick it up as long as there's something of an antenna.

Heck I accidentally broke the antenna on my scanner I have a home, so now all it has is the piece that plugs into the back and it picks up those radio stations crystal clear lol

·
Registered
30 Posts
I hate the antenna on my 08 as well, I'm planning on having the antenna shaved off the fender, patch it and repaint it, and I might either do something like that shark fin on the beemers or like the volvo's on top of the trunk.

·
Registered
344 Posts
Gives me some ideas, and the best thing is I don't need it to have perfect reception, because most of the radio stations I listen to (or the wife listens to) are broadcast right here in city, so should pick it up as long as there's something of an antenna.

Heck I accidentally broke the antenna on my scanner I have a home, so now all it has is the piece that plugs into the back and it picks up those radio stations crystal clear lol
Check this out

Technology Glasses Gun Electronic device Firearm

1 - 12 of 12 Posts