Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is NOT a driveshaft safety loop.

and i thought a header swap was hard... at least that gained a bit of power. the only thing this did was weigh me down another 5-10lbs or so. i had to remove the seats, pull up the carpet, and drill holes in my floor pan. it took me probably 8 hours. :oops:

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
try parts of two days. i cleaned up though under my carpet with a vaccuum... all sorts of dirty and rocks and litter. and it's only 3 years old! i'm kinda glad i got the chance to clean her from floorpan to ceiling.

i'm getting closer and closer to race ready. :D

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
Im curious, a driveshaft loop is only needed if you run like 11's or quicker, what are your plans?

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
EclipseGSTdude said:
Im curious, a driveshaft loop is only needed if you run like 11's or quicker, what are your plans?
for nhra tracks it's 13.99 and less and for ihra it's 13.49. because my car looks fast, they gave me problems before i ran it one time, so might as well get it out of the way, you know. plans are a built 4.0 with an autorotor 2.2l supercharger (6.2l artificial displacement) or an m112 ('03 cobra blower) but we'lll need ANOTHER different intake for it for the later blower. both things are posted in the engine and power adder forums.

Rellik said:
Driveshaft Loop? You're not running the times that requires a driveshaft loop are you? :-?
not n/a, but with either n2o or the blower even on my stock motor i'll be in 13's fo sheezy.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
lol and isnt a rollcage required for 14.99 or quicker if a convertible. if so i get only 1 chance at the track to get my times before the kick me out.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
:oops: :oops: :no: so i need a rollbar too now. dammit f the track, ill just go like once a year to get a real time then bizzounce.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
dont know yet, but i kept up with a cobra(older 96+) on the street,so that must be good for a 14.7? they say the gst's run a 15.2 stock. and i got intake, 3" catback, greddy type-S BOV, and crappy tires. so as soon as i get some new rubber in, itll help lots.

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
it is AWD correct? some smaller, skinnier wheels with good tires should help loads over your 18's. i don't know anything about them other than the fact 14's are stock, maybe 15's on a bad night.

i've driven a normal FWD eclipsed turbo'd and it wasn't impressive at all. in one of my rare moments i'll defend the v6 and say i definitely would eat this guy's eclipse up n/a. i'm sure your motor and setup is a lot better though. :headbang:

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
yes i have fwd. i wish it was awd but hey i was just looking for a gs to make look sweet, but i found a gst spyder for a gs price. the other guy with his gst said he got a 15.3 when he was stock, so i dont know. ill be happy with a 14.99999. but im like 95% sure ill hit 14's. that other 5% is if for some reason i cant grip any or misshift. oh and alot of people in 2g fwd have 18's and they say it really wasnt an issue(weight wise) cause the stock gst rims weigh in at like 25lbs a piece anyways, and the rims id be getting, the 18's, are 22lbs a piece. and some khumo ecstas to grip, and it should be fun. these rims btw

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
nice wheels. though they are lighter technically, the rotating mass will still outweigh your stockers. and there is no such thing as too light! my stang started at 3,180 or so and is somewhere in the 3,030-3,050 range now. :) that's roughly .13 seconds faster 1/4 mi wise, not to mention most is the front end and that'll help on launching. what do FWD vehicle do for launching? it seems just wierd to me because i'm used to RWD. i guess the front springs and struts need to be firm with little give and the backs are similar? it's hard to have weight transfer on a car that needs weight on the front... hmmm... my brain is hurting from trying to figure this quandry out. :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
what spec turbo do you have on it? a cammed/larger turbo/exhaust setup i bet would help out bigtime. what effects power most on a small displacment OHC turbomotor?

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
lol fwd, umm i launch at 3500 rpm, i feather the clutch out and ease off the line, i dont give it full throttle at all in 1st, or i just give it enough throttle to achieve about 7lbs of boost, then hit 2nd, wait till about 4500rpms to go full throttle, then when boost hits full at 15psi at about 5k its torque steer galore, like being pulled towards the curb. must fight it, hit 3rd, and torque steer is still there alittle, 3rd takes a loooooooong time it seems. never have i ever taken a streetrace to 4th gear though, cause thats like 90+mph and im cool off that.

oh so anyways, the launch, well most imports that are less than stock(more modded) dont get traction til mid 2nd. now a awd, on the other hand, launch at about 5k, and shoot out of the hole. wish i had awd. well guess ill have to get lsd(quaife unit=900 buckaroos, not including the install) to launch good.

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
stock 14b turbo. air flow into and out of the engine help most, some tuners on the dsm boards say that with a full intake and exhaust setup on stock turbo and engine, got them 14.2's, thats gull 3" turbo back exhaust, with test pipe/cat delete, tubular 02 sensor housing, tubular headers(or evo ported manifold), hard upper and lower IC piping(greddy steel/chrome piping) and a good filter. that will run about 1 grand all there.

downpipe off ebay=160
catback from shop custom made+muffler=370
02 sensor housing=150
upper and lower greddy IC piping=300
filter(K&N off ebay)=50

so yeah. about a grand.

so im halfway there.

1 - 20 of 32 Posts