Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am really thinking about getting some 4.10 gears & a Tlok installed. But when I do this, how do I go about getting the correct chip for my car? Can I order one online or do I need to find some place local, so they can install it. If I can order online. What do I need to tell them so they will know how to program it. Also, do I need to get the chip reprogramed everytime I do a new mod? All I have done so far to my stang is installed an Ebay CAI & a set of GT takeoffs (exhaust). Also, what brand of chip works the best in our V6 mustangs. I can really use all the input. If I am going to spend all the money on gears & a Tlok, I just want to make sure I get the right chip to get the best performance out of my car. Thanks again.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Bolt-ons do not require a chip the only rerason to get a chip for gears is if you have a 99+ mostang.98's and earlier you just need a speedo gear. You can get a chip to firm up the shift on the cars and if you are willing to use 92+ octane you can get the timing bumped up and get upwards of 10 Hp and the same amount of torque. The real need for chips other than correct speedometers on 99+ and when you have either done major motor work wioth injector work or added a supercharger, turbocharger or even nitrous using a flip chip.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts