Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
When I picked mine up last weekend the dealer ship told me that, also that there regular allotment of cars was cut in half for the remainder of the 2013 production

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
There will be 2014 Shelby. They didn't make the 5.8 for one year only. I don't know what will happen in 2015 tho. That could be the end of Shelby as they may go back to svt cobras or something new all together possibly. Ford pays Shelby alot of money to lisence his name.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
That is interesting. Time will tell. If the body size gets smaller I could see this new 5.8 engine go into something else.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
Dimensionally the 5.8 isn't any wider than the 5.0. I don't see why they wouldnt keep using it. In a lighter car with better aero the halo mustang will be one serious *****. That said. It's unlikely the chassis will be there to truly support it as it will be sharing its base with the entry level 4pot.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
DaBluedude said:
Dimensionally the 5.8 isn't any wider than the 5.0. I don't see why they wouldnt keep using it. In a lighter car with better aero the halo mustang will be one serious *****. That said. It's unlikely the chassis will be there to truly support it as it will be sharing its base with the entry level 4pot.
4 pot? What is that? And when 2015 comes around, it will be pretty crazy to see a GT500 looking like a FT86 but with 67X horsepower.

·
Registered
1,996 Posts
UltArc said:
4 pot? What is that? And when 2015 comes around, it will be pretty crazy to see a GT500 looking like a FT86 but with 67X horsepower.
4pot = 4 cylinder. I
People will adjust. And it will never be that small or light.

·
Registered
1,782 Posts
DaBluedude said:
4pot = 4 cylinder. I
People will adjust. And it will never be that small or light.
Thank you-

I think we will get there. Taking a boat like the challenger, or even the Camaro, will be much harder to make smaller, and light. The Mustang will be easier.

And for the future of automobiles, less weight will be a serious part of it. I think we will get there. Not quite in the next gen, but I think Ford will work for something better. Since early 2000 they have really been looking into the future, and that making the best product they can. Smaller and lighter is the most efficient way to go.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts