Mustang Evolution Forum banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I've spent a lot of time searching this message board and through out the Internet. Is the oil capacity 5 or 6 quarts? I did an oil change with five and I had no problems, but I keep seeing thing saying I should have used six.

Thanks for any input

·
Registered
790 Posts
So I've spent a lot of time searching this message board and through out the Internet. Is the oil capacity 5 or 6 quarts? I did an oil change with five and I had no problems, but I keep seeing thing saying I should have used six.

Thanks for any input
V6 takes 5. GT takes 6.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
Well my manul says 5 and thats what the dealer uses with a filter. Put in 5.6 and it will be over filled.
Haven't u noticed when u fill with 5 and run the engine to get it through the system and then check the level it's still low? That's because it's actually 5.4 even the dude at ford told me that they just put 5 but to get it level'd correctly it takes like half a qt

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Haven't u noticed when u fill with 5 and run the engine to get it through the system and then check the level it's still low? That's because it's actually 5.4 even the dude at ford told me that they just put 5 but to get it level'd correctly it takes like half a qt
Going to be inclined to go with what the manual says.. Owners manuals tend to know a little more then 'the dude at Ford' or some guy online..

Op, use the amount specified by your owners manual. Read it carefully, if you are still not sure consult the service manager at your local dealer.
Oil capacity is very important information and Ford should have the final say so not some dude at the dealer or some random guy on a forum.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.