Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok I have been thinking of puttin a supercharger on my car once my warrenty comes off. Now my car is just going to before fun on the street not really racing. And I have 2 possible plans(which one do you think is better?) . 1) i buy all the bolt ons,4.10 gears,and a pi 3k tq converter and maybe a 207 cam from RGR. Or 2)I buy a procharger, 3.73`s and a pi 3k tq converter. Now I have heard some pretty nasty stuff about s/c`s but they put out good #s. and i think if i keep my compression to about 12 or 13 to 1 i think i should be fine, but I dont really know. Do you guys think my car will be ok with like 3 or 4 pounds of boost? is it worth it? i really dont know what to do so if anyone has any advise I would really love to hear it. thanks for any input

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
you dont have a 13:1 compression stock, so you would have to raise the compression to get to that. but since you would have to get new pistons, you could just get 8.5:1 instead. because like Dom said -- low compression = high boost

·
Premium Member
1,177 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
ok wait a sec.. isnt psi and compression the same thing. I know that my mustang has a 9.4:1 compression stock, I would raise it to like 13:1 now that should put me give or take 250 hp. but now im all confused so if you could tell me what you mean by low compression = high boost .thanks.

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
I think there is a misunderstanding Brandon thought you ment you were at 13 to 1 psi stock when actually it is in the ballpark of 9 to 1 ( that is not exact just ballpark) when you raise boost pressure you will be raising compression also.

·
Registered
941 Posts
oaktonarcher said:
ok wait a sec.. isnt psi and compression the same thing. I know that my mustang has a 9.4:1 compression stock, I would raise it to like 13:1 now that should put me give or take 250 hp. but now im all confused so if you could tell me what you mean by low compression = high boost .thanks.
boost is measure of restriction, as in, how much air the s/c is pushing. compression is in the cylinders. raising your compression right now to 13:1 won't give you much at all. do yourself a favor and check out a book about superchargers from the library to understand s/c's.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts