Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the Mustang Forum, but as long as I have been active you all know I have been a DIY nut trying to save money on getting my Mustang up to spec. Well today I replaced the Window Regulator and Motor on the drivers side. Did not have the immediate $$$ for the mechanic so I swing for the fences and did it myself. The instructions on the AmericanMuscle.com site say that it takes 2 hours and Advanced Mechanical Skills. None of the held true for me. I am an automotive layman and am getting better each week and it took me about 4 to 5 hours to do this since it was just me. All of the videos on how to do it say it takes two people. Well, all I had was me. 4 hours and a nice wrist cut later my window is working and I am happy. Thanks for lettin' me share Mustang Peeps!!!

·
Registered
1,171 Posts
devanslive said:
Hey guys,

I am relatively new to the Mustang Forum, but as long as I have been active you all know I have been a DIY nut trying to save money on getting my Mustang up to spec. Well today I replaced the Window Regulator and Motor on the drivers side. Did not have the immediate $$$ for the mechanic so I swing for the fences and did it myself. The instructions on the AmericanMuscle.com site say that it takes 2 hours and Advanced Mechanical Skills. None of the held true for me. I am an automotive layman and am getting better each week and it took me about 4 to 5 hours to do this since it was just me. All of the videos on how to do it say it takes two people. Well, all I had was me. 4 hours and a nice wrist cut later my window is working and I am happy. Thanks for lettin' me share Mustang Peeps!!!
Nice job...

Don't feel bad... Simple axle back swap took me like 4 hours (before I realized how much easier it would be if I just loosed 4 bolts on the mid pipe)!!

Live and learn.

We all start at the same skill level!

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Nice job...

Don't feel bad... Simple axle back swap took me like 4 hours (before I realized how much easier it would be if I just loosed 4 bolts on the mid pipe)!!

Live and learn.

We all start at the same skill level!
LoL... So I am not 100% crazy. The next project I am taking on is to paint my convertible top and my wheels. And oh yeah, I will be installing reverse glow gauges in the gauge cluster. Still trying to decide on the best way to apply the ground in that situation. No drill to ground it on the chassis. Thinking... thinking... thinking...

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Hey guys,

Devanslive,

Great job! Props to you for going at the job head on with just a DIY. I've always attempted to do every job myself before I ask for assistance or you'll never learn. Now 8 years after I turned my first bolt there's still more to learn!

Keep up the great work and let me know if you ever need some assistance or have any questions.

-Dan

·
Registered
139 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thank you very much Dan. Trying to do as much as I can myself. Will be coloring my convertible, painting wheels and installing reverse glow gauges. Nervous and excited...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts