Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 104 Posts

·
Registered
276 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys !

After using, Flowmaster super 44s and series 10, I decided to go with a different route with my exhaust...

What could be the performance axle back that is just A BIT louder than stock?

What I have in mind is to go with a mellow sounding exhaust and install this >>> Pypes Electric Mustang Exhaust Cutout Kit HVE10K (79-14 All) - Free Shipping - AmericanMuscle to control the loudness coz authorities here is quite strict with loud exhaust.

I have my LT headers and off road x pipe so I guess sound will generally be louder whatever exhaust I use...

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
You'll want something with a lot of baffling like the Borla Touring. Or use resonators. Or both. Depending on what your needs are.

The LTs and cat less x aren't helping things though.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
851 Posts
Flowmaster force ii

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit
Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Borla Tourings will be exactly what you are looking for. They keep the muscle car sound without the noise.
Do not touch anything flowmaster

Sent from my 831C using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
53 Posts
I'm getting ready to order Borla Tourings. I'm like 99%. They are in the cart!

I'm looking for some noise when getting on it but subtle when not. This seams to be the feedback I'm reading on these. I really like the s-type sound clips but I'm afraid they will might be too loud when putting around my neighborhood.

·
Registered
1,840 Posts
There's someone in the For Sale portion of this site selling Tourings, just an FYI for you two.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,244 Posts
I replaced the mufflers in mine with the mufflers that come on the standard transmission.

It's exactly the sound I want, good rumble at idle, not waking up the neighbors, but you definitely hear it when you get on it. I don't like to draw much attention to myself. And since its OEM I don't have any drone and it's good quality.

It sounds better in person than in the video, but just as an idea. It doesn't sound raspy like it does in the video.

http://youtu.be/kYrF7wIB6wI

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Hey guys !

After using, Flowmaster super 44s and series 10, I decided to go with a different route with my exhaust...

What could be the performance axle back that is just A BIT louder than stock?

What I have in mind is to go with a mellow sounding exhaust and install this >>> Pypes Electric Mustang Exhaust Cutout Kit HVE10K (79-14 All) - Free Shipping - AmericanMuscle to control the loudness coz authorities here is quite strict with loud exhaust.

I have my LT headers and off road x pipe so I guess sound will generally be louder whatever exhaust I use...
These guys have pointed you in the right direction. The Borla Touring and/or GT500 Mufflers will be pretty mild as far as exhaust goes. However, Long Tubes and no cats is going to make anything pretty loud. If you really want to quiet it down I would throw cats on there and do the one of the axlebacks that was mentioned.

Either way I think you'll be in good shape! Let us know if you have any questions or need some assistance in the near future.

-Dan

·
Registered
851 Posts
Borla Tourings will be exactly what you are looking for. They keep the muscle car sound without the noise.
Do not touch anything flowmaster

And why not flowmaster?

Flowmaster force 2 exhaust, jlt cai, x4 bama tuner, carbon fiber dash overlay kit, modern retro shift knob, mmd hood and side scoops, classic quarter louvers, gt500 spoiler, 3.7 and pony emblems, mustang rocker stripes, eibach anti sway roll bar kit

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
a no brainer

Magnaflow streets
They are stainless steel, They have great looking tips, They fit perfect right out of the box, And most of all is that they sound great. A nice deep tone when just driving around but they really come alive when you floor it.

Ronnie

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
And why not flowmaster?

Op is looking for a mellow tone. I like flows also but if I was looking for mellow I would avoid them also. Remember he is running LTS and x pipe.

2013 3.7 Manual Candy apple red metallic,
GT 500 stripes, painted side mirror covers, GT 500 spoiler, 2010 GT premium wheels with Pirelli P-zero tires, upper and lower front billet grille, Barton shifter bracket, Airaid Cold air intake, S.R lowering springs, J&M adjustable panhard bar, Boss 302 strut tower brace, 3.73 ford racing gears, Bama tuned, BBK shorty headers, Roush Axel backs.

·
Registered
1,831 Posts
Magnaflow streets
They are stainless steel, They have great looking tips, They fit perfect right out of the box, And most of all is that they sound great. A nice deep tone when just driving around but they really come alive when you floor it.

Ronnie
Exactly, plus 0 drone...

·
Registered
2,275 Posts
Flowmasters will give him loud raspy drone and a lot of pinging on decel. Literally the opposite of what the Op wants. That's why not flowmaster

·
Registered
4,019 Posts
You sure are right on that point Mister Grabberblue1993

For what he is wanting to do he needs either Magnaflow streets or Borla touring which are the same as Ford Racing touring.
I have the Magnaflows because I like the deeper rumble that the Borla or Ford Racing just don't have.
He sure has a great idea of putting the cutout to have it both ways, I hope he lets us know how this works out. It is a good idea.
Ronnie

1 - 20 of 104 Posts