Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 40 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
You are looking at 3 wtq per liter difference between the two cars. That is nothing.

The fact that the new GM LT1 makes more torque at just 1750 RPM and carries it (and more) from there to 6500 RPM is an absolutely impressive powerband.

If you want to go the per liter route, the mighty Mustang 5.0 makes less torque per liter than a 2.4L Honda Accord (174 wtq) ... at the tires.

See how silly your argument is?

Did I argue? all I'm saying is GM has always had to put more cubes for similar results. I could give 2 craps less on the torque rating of a Honda Accord I'm still not driving one. So if you guys want put Camaro's or Hondas on a pedestal have at it! Go buy one buy em both. Me and my Mustang have a deeper relationship than that I'm sticking with it.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
137 Posts
I had not bought that magazine for the past 30 years. After reading that article I remembered why.

·
Super Moderator
5,239 Posts
C&D is mostly about performance and the new Camaro is somewhat better. I'd be happy to own either, but, w/o having driven the new models I believe the Mustang would get my vote again as at 6'3"+ I'm sure the Camaro wouldn't work for me.

I've said it before "it's another Golden Age of automobiles"

·
Registered
48 Posts
Ok the new camaro is faster. So what. Is it really that impressive when gm had to use the corvette motor and Cadillac chassis to beat the mustang? Outstanding work Chevy.

·
Registered
1,253 Posts
Ok the new camaro is faster. So what. Is it really that impressive when gm had to use the corvette motor and Cadillac chassis to beat the mustang? Outstanding work Chevy.

A better engine and a better chassis generally makes a better car.

The chassis was designed from the beginning to be used for the 6th gen Camaro along with the shorter wheelbase ATS. Ford does this also.

The LT1 engine is just a performance version of their truck engines, same basic thing that Ford does.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
None of those stock test results mean ****. You can make any platform you like fast just spend money. They have a Pinto down at the track that runs 9's does that mean the Pinto is the better car? I would rather have the 5.0 over the 6.2 and it has all the potential I'll ever need.

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
No Christmas Cards for You...

I like when people get all but hurt defending the mustang. It's funny

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Keep it up Rap, the Mustang Whiners will take your name off of their Christmas Card List. :cry:

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
I used to be a big fan of GM and I would never buy another one the newer stuff is junk. They are not reliable my 09 Silverado was crap. I had tons of problems with it. I had a 99 Firebird it had electrical problems I had a 2002 Camaro it caught on fire because of an electrical issue. My Silverado had to be towed at least 4 times for various issues. What sold me on Ford was the company vehicles I drove were Fords and were dependable as hell. I like the older GM stuff that's it. Even when I raced and I owned the Camaro it seemed like the Fords would take more punishment and responded to mods better. If you want a Camaro or Corvette buy one your not going to hurt my feelings.

·
ME Bloodhound
14,697 Posts
Soccer
Correction, the car they had was only 57 lbs lighter. Plus they spec it at 455hp only 20 Hp advantage. Where the Camaro has the real advantage is in the use of the magnetorheological shocks that provides instant suspension tuning while in motion.

Depends on manual or automatic and base or fully loaded for the weight.

As for the power, the number i said was the test to the wheels. It looks like Chevy under-rated the engine as it puts down more than it should to the wheels, i didn't pull that number out of thin air.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
All my GMs were/are very dependable. I guess some have luck with them and some don't.

Pick your poison.

I used to have luck with them but the bad taste left in my mouth from that 09 truck was pretty bad. It was officially the WORST vehicle I have ever owned. I had better luck with 1000 dollar clunkers off the side of the road than that $45,000 new truck.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
It had 88,000 miles on it when I got rid of it and the rear end, transmission, 2 alternators, 3 batteries, water pump, 2 throttle bodies, and it had a tick that sounded like a collapsed lifter. It burned a quart of oil about every 10 days which they said was normal for that engine. About once a week the check engine and stabilitrac light would come on and it would go in limp mode and if have to pull over and reset it and nobody could figure that out. I was glad to get rid of that

·
Premium Member
6,697 Posts
Don't you just love dealerships. I'm still pissed I have to take my car to them to get the air bags swapped. Since they won't let us do it.

Pick your poison.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Don't you just love dealerships. I'm still pissed I have to take my car to them to get the air bags swapped. Since they won't let us do it.

Pick your poison.

I don't think I'm taking mine in for the recall I don't plan on deploying them.

·
Registered
48 Posts
If anyone is interested, the pricing tool for the new camaro is live on the Chevy website. I priced a 1ss...zero options and it was 37,700 roughly. Adding the auto trans and magnetic ride would cost another $3k plus. So quite a bit more than the mustang. I paid $32,500 for mine (base). So another 5-8k.

21 - 40 of 113 Posts