Mustang Evolution Forum banner

41 - 60 of 113 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
If anyone is interested, the pricing tool for the new camaro is live on the Chevy website. I priced a 1ss...zero options and it was 37,700 roughly. Adding the auto trans and magnetic ride would cost another $3k plus. So quite a bit more than the mustang. I paid $32,500 for mine (base). So another 5-8k.
That pricing difference should help the Mustang quite a bit.....but I'll bet Chevy introduces incentives/rebates almost right away on the Camaro to move some onto the street.
Even $5,000 is quite a bump, much less $8,000 more for a comparable car. GM has been a bit egotistical with all of their pricing lately, with new Cadillacs (CTS-V) being priced near $100,000 with a few options!!!!

·
Registered
2,112 Posts
Maybe a better comparison would be against the GT350.

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
Maybe a better comparison would be against the GT350.
Pricewise, perhaps. But for their place in the lineup, the GT 350 is going to have to go up against the Z28 if Chevy does that model for the new Camaro......and the last Z28 was mid $70,000..........so a huge advantage in price for the Mustang again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
A friend of mine is the general manager of a Chevy dealership. He currently has two 2015 z28s on his lot and has each discounted $20k. He said he can't get rid of them. He even agrees that the true MSRP of the z28 should have been what he is selling them for now. He said he had trouble getting rid of his ZL1s. He had to discount them $15k.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
You guys crack me up.
The Ford vs Chevy thing has been going on long since a lot of you were born and will continue way after I've kicked the bucket.
My first car at 14 was a Chevy and my last Chevy was a 70-1/2 Z28. When I stated drag racing it was Chevy's, Chevy's, and more Chevy's...the main reason I switched to Fords was everyone had a Chevy....most of my drag racing friends told me I was beating a dead horse...it was expensive to race Fords as race parts were few and fare between and after a few failed attempts I got it right.
Ford has always made a Mustang and Chevy stopped making the Camaro for a lot of years and they are now catching Ford very quickly and performance wise off the show room floor may surpass them this next year.
As Rapinator said, you guys are going to have to step up your game to keep up...and not just HP but chassis/suspension wise...taking a showroom stock car and making it better....well......that's what hot rodding is all about.
As for me, I've got a bone stock 03 Mustang and it's more fun to drive than my 14 and in a month or so I'll have a new DD that is lighter than my 14 TrakPak, with more HP, two more doors and will hold it's own with a lot of mod'd Mustangs on twisty roads...and it will be right off the show room floor...this Ole 70+ year old body has seen better days and the ride in the new DD will be night-n-day better than my old TrakPak....even before I started mod'ing the suspension....

·
Registered
252 Posts
The gt350 is so much faster and more fun to drive than any car out there except the top end vette. The new camaro feels fast and mean but it feels heavier than it is and its hard to be sure of yourself in corners. Great car though. Spend a little more and get a gt350.

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
The gt350 is so much faster and more fun to drive than any car out there except the top end vette. The new camaro feels fast and mean but it feels heavier than it is and its hard to be sure of yourself in corners. Great car though. Spend a little more and get a gt350.

When was the last time you drove a new CTS-V????

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Well, don't hold back. What's the new DD?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution
I say this and feel a little hypocritical as I have said a number of times I'd never spend a lot on a new car...well...I'm not getting any younger and not sure how much longer my feet will be standing above ground....so I pulled the plug and ordered this after driving one around PIR some weeks ago.
All I can say is WOW!, WHAT A CAR!...if this car is a sign of things to come with the Camaro using the ATS platform all of us Ford Mustang lovers are in for a world of hurt....and yes it is the first GM brand I've owned in some 38+ years.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
Well, even the ATS-V sells for nearly $70,000 with some decent options. That's a lot of money for a small GM sedan. Beats the Mustang GT to 60 by 1/2 a second, so it's plenty quick.

·
Registered
252 Posts
Well having drove all the major muscle cars 2015/2016 year models on a closed road coarse here in kentucky at a presser I can say yes the gt350 is that fast. Faster than anything but the vette Z overall. Stuff beats it straight line by a car or so but its effortless to drive. The hellcat chargers and challengers and ss and stingrays had no chance

·
Registered
252 Posts
And ol rodder no, I havent gotten behind the wheel of one yet. I imagine it will be coming down the pipeline soon

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
It's the ATS-V

Hopefully you got white??
🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.
I really wanted the Majestic Plum Metallic...they aren't offering it in 2016 so after talking about Red Obsession Tintcoat or Vector Blue Metallic I finally decided on Crystal White Frost...Hope that meets with your approval...it looks really classy in white...I think!

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts
Well, even the ATS-V sells for nearly $70,000 with some decent options. That's a lot of money for a small GM sedan. Beats the Mustang GT to 60 by 1/2 a second, so it's plenty quick.
You get what you pay for and although I would have loved to buy a used one there are non-existant...so I'll throw myself off the deep end and be stuck a chassis and suspension that is far and above what I could have ever achieved in the 14 TrakPak Mustang...the Magnetic Ride Control which is the same as on the Corvette is just outstanding...and having 464HP isn't too shabby also...for a 4dr car that weighs less than my 14 Mustang by almost 200 lbs.
And just remember that I'll still be driving my 03 when the weather is nice.

41 - 60 of 113 Posts