Mustang Evolution Forum banner

61 - 80 of 113 Posts

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
Well having drove all the major muscle cars 2015/2016 year models on a closed road coarse here in kentucky at a presser I can say yes the gt350 is that fast. Faster than anything but the vette Z overall. Stuff beats it straight line by a car or so but its effortless to drive. The hellcat chargers and challengers and ss and stingrays had no chance

Sent from my LG-D415 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

That's good to hear about the GT 350 although I figured it was going to be bad ***! They weren't handing out any coupons for them down there where they?

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Premium Member
1,981 Posts
Discussion Starter #62 (Edited)
I've read three comparison tests of the SS -- vs -- the GT. Although the Camaro "won" each of them, each test also came to various conclusions which all said something to the effect of:

The Camaro:
"Is improved in every way."
"Handles really well, but rides very stiff"
"Is loud."
"Is hard to see out of."

The Mustang
"Purrs instead of roars."
"Rides better but rolls a bit more in the corners."
"Has a better interior."
"Has much better visibility."

And, most important to me:

"The Mustang is the one we'd chose every time to drive across country."

I guess it comes down to........If you want a "sports car", the Camaro is a good choice. But, it'll beat you up on broken pavement, and it's a challenge to see out of just to change lanes.
If you want a GREAT Grand Touring car (they DO call it a GT, after all), then the Mustang is still the best choice.
I can live with that.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Stop winning GM is on top yet again. I have said it b4 all you "Bolton" coyotes are about to get your a$$ drug by GM again.

Going to need some real tunes for your coyotes now.

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

GM is really superior? When was the last time they won at Le Mans? Oh yeah they didn't, Chevy lost every year it entered! Weird how Ford could make a car that could be Ferrari and Chevy never could. Ford four time world champion! 1966, 1967, 1968, and 1969. You know what engines the Ford GT 40 used? Mustang engines...

Sent from my iPad using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
GM is really superior? When was the last time they won at Le Mans? Oh yeah they didn't, Chevy lost every year it entered! Weird how Ford could make a car that could be Ferrari and Chevy never could. Ford four time world champion! 1966, 1967, 1968, and 1969. You know what engines the Ford GT 40 used? Mustang engines...

And who gives a 💩 about Le Mans ?

You know how many Chevys will beat your profile car? Just start counting everyone next time you go driving

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

·
Premium Member
5,321 Posts
I will keep that in mind next time I get a chance to drive a car at Le Mans :)

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
104 Posts
And who gives a 💩 about Le Mans ?

You know how many Chevys will beat your profile car? Just start counting everyone next time you go driving

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

You opened the door by saying GM is superior, I am using hard facts. That's cool, they can beat an 9 year old v6 convertible? I can change my picture to my GT mustang if you would like. I have facts to prove you wrong, you're just mad and using opinion.

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
You opened the door by saying GM is superior, I am using hard facts. That's cool, they can beat an 9 year old v6 convertible? I can change my picture to my GT mustang if you would like. I have facts to prove you wrong, you're just mad and using opinion.

Guess how many 💩's I give, About your "facts".

I mean I wake up everyday just waiting to go to Le Mans 😕
Not mad at all. I mess with this stuff on a daily basis man. Chevy has always been up when it comes to performance. It's cheap and simple

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

·
Registered
104 Posts
Guess how many 💩's I give, About your "facts".

I mean I wake up everyday just waiting to go to Le Mans 😕
Not mad at all. I mess with this stuff on a daily basis man. Chevy has always been up when it comes to performance. It's cheap and simple

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

Lol wrong again! It's funny how someone pointed out earlier in this discussion that the Mustang is actually cheaper than the Camaro! Also Chevy hasn't always been up for performance, Ford dominated racing in the 1960s. You can Google it, it's not hard to fine. I just wanted to prove you wrong.

·
Registered
4,575 Posts
This is what Rap meant^

·
Registered
9,586 Posts
I believe performance wise pushrods are cheaper than modulars

Sent from my VS985 4G using Mustang Evolution mobile app

Thank you 👋🏼👋🏼

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

---------- Post added at 03:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:04 PM ----------

This is what Rap meant^

Yes sir

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

---------- Post added at 03:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:05 PM ----------

Lol wrong again! It's funny how someone pointed out earlier in this discussion that the Mustang is actually cheaper than the Camaro! Also Chevy hasn't always been up for performance, Ford dominated racing in the 1960s. You can Google it, it's not hard to fine. I just wanted to prove you wrong.

🙄

🍼and 🌽 fed coyote.

·
Registered
44 Posts
I guess we are arguing that old push rods are cheaper? The new LT1 crate appears to be over $2k more than a coyote crate. That's 30% more for less than 30% performance!

Just stirring the pot, carry on.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
134 Posts
Not only are LS/LT motors easier to work on, but dollar for dollar, you get more from them compared to the coyote motor.

Sent from my iPhone using Mustang Evolution

·
Registered
44 Posts
Sure you have to buy 4 cams versus 1. But if you are already $2k less in, comparing the most modern iterations, a cam swap will still have you in the black versus the LT1

·
Premium Member
2,757 Posts

You can look all the facts you want on the internet....I don't really care because I was there in what us "Ole Guys" call the Golden Age of Drag Racing", 1959-1974. I started out drag racing with the most competitive car I could afford which at the time was Chevy.........not a Ford. At the end of my drag racing career....I call it a career because I spent every penny I earned on trying to be competitive. When I switched of to my 68-1/2 SS/BA CobraJet and then the B/SM Maverick.....all of my friends told me I was out of my mind to switch to a Ford....the cost of making a Ford go fast was two to three times what it cost to make a Chevy go fast......and I kind of liked being the underdog............
What kind of racing were you thinking Ford dominated in the 60's?
I've been a drag racer since the early 60's and can tell you that GM produced the first Muscle car...the 64 GTO....as for drag racing in the early 60's the GM 409, Ford 401 and Pontiac 421 dominated the drag strip. I'm not going to talk about Pro-Stock...that's another story in it's self.
When I was drag racing my 67 Camaro SS/IA there were probably 20 Chevy's to every Ford and most of S and SS classes pitted together and finding a Ford in the sea of Chevy's was really hard to do.
In the early days NASCAR was a part of NHRA and how many times did Richard Petty win or a Junior Johnson Chevrolet?
In about 6 weeks I'll have a GM car setting right next to my 03 Cobra....the GM will be a daily driver and Cobra will only be driven for fun...on nice days.
Just one last piece of minutiae....Chevrolet built the first V8....288ci.....in 1917 and production lasted until 1918....and it was an OHV V8 unlike the Ford Flathead which built it's first V8 in 1932 and their first OHV in 1954.
Also a little Hot Rod trivia....the old saying in the late 50's was that if you wanted to make a Ford go fast......you needed to put a Chevy in it....I'll stop rambling now.....

·
Registered
44 Posts
Maybe so, don't know what they are, have information? Also, I think we'd need to consider delta rather than overall as well, so the LT1 gained x peak and y net HP/TQ and Coyote gained x peak and y net HP/TQ. Would be an interesting comparison to see, I did some quick searching and haven't found many hard facts disputing the differences. Also, NA id expect the higher displacement engine to have an advantage, what are the FI differences. I'd be curious on efficiencies, longevity and conditions under load for extended period of time.

However, I don't really care that much either way. The Coyote has too much to use as it is, so having more would be a waste. Having less at a better price would make more sense. But more sounds cooler.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Useless arguing with people who have NO CLUE.

Cheaper to make performance with a LS vs a mod motor.

and fed coyote.

I never claimed to have any clue but if you are already $2k cheaper out of the gate with the newest iterations and that $2k doesnt buy you $2k in raw performance out the door then it would stand to reason that it isn't as simple as pushrods are cheaper for performance, obviously the manufacturers can't market them that way, maybe Chevy just wants more money.

I like when people just say things without bringing facts at all though. I just asked a question. Old technology is cheaper and if we go back to old iterations we can make more power cheaper than the new stuff, that's obvious and can be done anywhere. This current thread is about the new iterations of each, though.

61 - 80 of 113 Posts