Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ok, i really dont like how the mufflers sittin right behind the bumper. I think tailpipes look 20 times better then a muffler under there :(

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
That makes it really hard for those of us that like side exhaust...going to have to find a place to relocate the mufflers...this could get quite interesting...

·
Registered
109 Posts
Why then doesn't someone design a 2 piece set to fill bumper and have integral mufflers in sidepipes ? we have the technology

·
Premium Member
2,280 Posts
haha once again mustangs are mocking the systems used on earlier tbird platforms. first the tbird had irs, now the mustangs have it. we were first with the 4.6, now mustangs have it. we had the muffler there and look who copied it? maybe next they can add 500lbs of useless crap and make it a land barge, like the tbird was. :D cant wait to get next to a new stang at a light...........

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
D you really want to know why they are moving it to the rear.

1. Clearance: Self explanatory wont scrub on speed bumps
2. Cost: very short chrome or SS tip when manufacturing thousands of cars any amount saved makes the bean counters happy
3. Comfort: Placing the muffler to the rear you get less vibrations and noise inside the car. So less drone for the fans of Flowmasters

·
Premium Member
5,187 Posts
Smokedya95stang said:
crap that means theres going to be a lot of 16 year old kids with mustangs and fart cannons.

Maybe not with the cut out on the bumper you would not be able to see the fart cannon and isn't that why they really do it!!! To see it and be able to brag

·
Registered
1,895 Posts
lol i dunno, iam not a fan of them.. All i know is with the muffler right there, it is a little more convienent to just swap mufflers and you know kids will run to their local performance store which sells those.. :(

·
Registered
109 Posts
hey eclipse dude,with my built toy(6 bamger=320HP)I might just "eclipse" you at a light or,at least one of your ricer brethren lol :headbang:
all things aside V-8 HP with no V-8 weight and 3.73's will be kicking ass come summer when car is finished(83 droptop)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts