Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
As some of you know. I'm a terrible driver. I rear ended my dads giant 4x4 Chevy on vacation last year in PCB '12. Well its February 2013 and after much duck tape, zip ties, and embarrassment with friends and family, I got her fixed with all my extra saved money.

The process started last week and has ended today. My wallet is very light yet I'm a happy man. This is all aftermarket parts except the rock guard as I call it and the radiator cover. The driver headlight also is aftermarket. If you want a smoked headlight look get them. If not get oem for the chrome. Here are my pictures in mostly order from accident to product.

The paint job is a 2010 (I think) patriot boss that sold for auction with a matching 1969 at Barrett Jackson. There is only one of one of these cars and mine is a clone. The paint cost $1,000 the first time and about her $250 for my body guy to fix the first guys mistakes and that sexy pin stripe. A few shots of the rear and sides too. Next step is the fog light wire and a boss lower valence.

****gettinf oem headlight tommorrow*****

Attachments

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I think the grill surround needs to be black, makes it more sinister.
I got the shop to paint it white. So that way if I wanted I can dip it later. I like the California special look. Patriot also had it color matched.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
So can I post in the GT and boss section now without getting flack?

I'm glad y'all like it. I'm too scared to even touch right now. That black is just like a mirror.

·
Registered
519 Posts
Looking good! If I can ever find a cheap GT front end, I would do that in a heart beat. I agree with some other posts though, I would plasti dip the black surround...

In a matter of fact, that's on my list to do this Spring!

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
So can I post in the GT and boss section now without getting flack?

I'm glad y'all like it. I'm too scared to even touch right now. That black is just like a mirror.
My issue is the body-color surround screams V6. All the nicer looking GTs I've seen have a black surround of some kind. I kinda wish I had that option available for my '13 to have the front grill area black from side to side, but I don't.

·
Registered
3,708 Posts
My issue is the body-color surround screams V6. All the nicer looking GTs I've seen have a black surround of some kind. I kinda wish I had that option available for my '13 to have the front grill area black from side to side, but I don't.
but you have a gt500, so it doesn't matter :p
lol jk.

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
The GT/ CS and boss are body color my boy. Plus the patriot is body colored.

---------- Post added at 09:46 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:45 AM ----------

Also American muscle sells that piece you're talking of now. MMD puts it out.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
Also American muscle sells that piece you're talking of now. MMD puts it out.
I had to go look and I'm not quite sure it works with the '13+ bumper profile...

·
Registered
3,460 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
I had to go look and I'm not quite sure it works with the '13+ bumper profile...
Yeah it looks like a cheesy bug deflector. You could dip it but it looking a piece of the hood does throw it off

1 - 18 of 18 Posts