Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay! So I'm looking at a 2013 GT Premium and it'd have a msrp of about 37k. Now that's too much at this ooint ,but with some wicked negotiation skills and me paying cold hard cash what could I get the dealer down to you think?

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Cold hard cash? You'll get it for free Jaja jk. (Calculations in head) grand total guestimation of 33k

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the dealer really doesnt care if its cash or check or financed as they get their cash asap regardless.

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
Yea it might be easier for the dealer but they get thier money right away no matter how you pay. If its financed they just get a check from whoever financed you. It might be easier for them to take cash because it saves them the time of calling around to get you financed but don't expect a huge discount. That being said if you push them hard enough you can almost always get it for a little less than they were asking.

Good luck!

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Or if I wait 2-3 years I could probably get a used 13 GT that was origanlly msrp around 37k, for what? But then I'm going to have the temptation of the 2015!!! Can't win..

·
Registered
1,405 Posts
2011 5.9 GT for like 25k around here. When the 2015 comes out the 13's should drop even more. That's a tough wait tho man.. Lol

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

Jgill1992 said:
2011 5.9 GT for like 25k around here. When the 2015 comes out the 13's should drop even more. That's a tough wait tho man.. Lol

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
You are aware you cant walk into a dealer with over 10k in cash and expect them to sell you a car. Try it and let us know how well that goes for you haha

·
Registered
2,252 Posts
I'm going to walk into a dealer with gold coins and ill tell ya how it goes. :D

·
Registered
1,563 Posts
They don't give a crap about $$$$$$$$$

I would save any GOLD anyone has for the financial collapse :)

Any who........ You could probably get them down to 35-36K

·
Registered
648 Posts
I always heard to go into the stealership and haggle them down like you're financing then pay cash. Heard they would give better deals when you finance because they are making money off the interest as well as the car.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
fresh2death said:
You are aware you cant walk into a dealer with over 10k in cash and expect them to sell you a car. Try it and let us know how well that goes for you haha
I walked in with a loaded 12 gauge and I got what I wanted ;}

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
fresh2death said:
And what was that? A free ride in the back of a squad car? JAJAJA
Jaja maybe ;} might of been the patty wagon I dont remember much after the flash bang

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
I always get pre approved by my lender before I even go look at a new car. I call the shots, the dealer doesn't tell me what they can do for me. That's how you get screwed. I bought my 2011 5.0 in July of 2010. Msrp was 34k. The grand total I paid was 29,500. Plus 7 oil changes, window tint, under coating and something else... Eh, I can't remember.

·
Registered
285 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
primer2tone said:
I always get pre approved by my lender before I even go look at a new car. I call the shots, the dealer doesn't tell me what they can do for me. That's how you get screwed. I bought my 2011 5.0 in July of 2010. Msrp was 34k. The grand total I paid was 29,500. Plus 7 oil changes, window tint, under coating and something else... Eh, I can't remember.
You sir, are coming with me to the dealership!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I just picked up a 2012 GT/CS with 6k miles on it for 28.5K cash otd with 3 free oil changes. I did alright with it I think... like stated before, the dealer gets paid right away no matter what, sometimes even incentives on financing so cash could be worse in some cases.

·
Banned
1,176 Posts
Jgill1992 said:

---------- Post added at 02:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:04 PM ----------

I need to get me one of these 5.9 Gt lol Jk man

1 - 20 of 26 Posts