Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So as some of you know ive been looking for a gt and the first one didnt work out. Then there were two more that were sold a day or two before I could get down to look at them. Im getting extremely frustrated with this whole ordeal and I have been searching everyday and cant find anything. Im sure something will come along but I wanted to ask how many miles is too much. Im trying to stay 80k or under if I can. If any of you web surfers have any extra time on your hands and can find a car within an hour or so of boston then send me the links just in case I missed them.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Im looking at 99-04 gt. Preferably black it has to be a stick and idealy something that has some stuff already done to it.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

and im looking to spend anywhere from $5500 to $8000 at most.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

My Convertible is still for sale lol ;)
How much are you asking?

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
Im looking at 99-04 gt. Preferably black it has to be a stick and idealy something that has some stuff already done to it.

---------- Post added at 06:12 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:10 PM ----------

and im looking to spend anywhere from $5500 to $8000 at most.

---------- Post added at 06:14 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:12 PM ----------

How much are you asking?
Craigslist

·
Registered
704 Posts
It took me 2 years to find mine. New Edge GTs always get beat on. It's damn near impossible to find one that isn't damaged and that has a reasonable price tag. If you can, usually it's a private seller and you have to pay in full up front. That's kinda hard to do since a bank won't give out loans on vehicles that old unless you borrow against your own money and don't tell them why.
Stay persistent and don't get discouraged. There's one out there, just don't settle or you'll regret it.
The worst part is that after you buy one, you'll see 5 more nice ones for sale that same week.

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
It took me 2 years to find mine. New Edge GTs always get best on. It's damn near impossible to find one that isn't damaged and that has a reasonable price tag. If you can, usually it's a private seller and you have to pay in full up front. That's kinda hard to do since a bank won't give out loans on vehicles that old unless you borrow against your own money and don't tell them why.
Stay persistent and don't get discouraged. There's one out there, just don't settle or you'll regret it.
The worst part is that after you buy one, you'll see 5 more nice ones for sale that same week.
+1864577 on after you buy one, you'll see 5 more nice cars for sale that week lmao

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
have you tried autotrader or cargurus
Yeah alot of them are dealers and charge at least a thousand more than private sellers.

What do you guys think about this car 2003 FORD MUSTANG GT

I called and he said it has 91,000 miles and he will call me back monday on the details of the car. Is 91,000 too many miles you think and what would be a fair price

·
Registered
429 Posts
It took me a year to find mine. Not perfect but pretty damn good for 6200. You just gotta keep your eyes open and look around and check Craigslist a lot and wait for a nice one to show up!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Yeah alot of them are dealers and charge at least a thousand more than private sellers.

What do you guys think about this car 2003 FORD MUSTANG GT

I called and he said it has 91,000 miles and he will call me back monday on the details of the car. Is 91,000 too many miles you think and what would be a fair price
I bought mine with 91k for 5,500 from a private seller

·
Registered
79 Posts
You guys worry a lot about miles. It's a car, it gets driven. I worry a lot more about if it's been taken care of properly. I bought my gt with 113k on it from an older person. It was super clean and couldn't find another with that color combo. I figure these engines can go a long time if taken care of properly. I have had absolutely no problems with mine and I just hit 118k after 6 months of owning it.

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
You guys worry a lot about miles. It's a car, it gets driven. I worry a lot more about if it's been taken care of properly. I bought my gt with 113k on it from an older person. It was super clean and couldn't find another with that color combo. I figure these engines can go a long time if taken care of properly. I have had absolutely no problems with mine and I just hit 118k after 6 months of owning it.
There is no real way for me to know how a car was taken care of other than guessing based on the owner and the condition of the car. Im not a mechanic so my first instinct is to go off mileage. How solid are these engines if I buy one at 100k and maintain it properly can they make it to 150,000 miles or so. This is my first mustang so I just want to know what to look for.

·
Registered
155 Posts
I got my 02 gt with 89,765 on it for 4500 from a private owner just make sure thebguy knows a lil about the car and the mods if there are any. And get a carfax! That was my biggest mistake and I found out the hard way that my car was crashed and not fixed properly

·
Registered
2,101 Posts
I got my 02 gt with 89,765 on it for 4500 from a private owner just make sure thebguy knows a lil about the car and the mods if there are any. And get a carfax! That was my biggest mistake and I found out the hard way that my car was crashed and not fixed properly
I was gonna say 4500 for an 02 GT with 89k seems low, woulda thrown up a flag

·
Registered
429 Posts
There is no real way for me to know how a car was taken care of other than guessing based on the owner and the condition of the car. Im not a mechanic so my first instinct is to go off mileage. How solid are these engines if I buy one at 100k and maintain it properly can they make it to 150,000 miles or so. This is my first mustang so I just want to know what to look for.
With really good care aren't these engines good for 200k. Even 300k? The crown Vic's have the same engine and the most of the taxis in New York have 200k. I don't know if I'm right about this though so don't quote me.

·
Registered
802 Posts
It took me 2 years to find mine. New Edge GTs always get beat on. It's damn near impossible to find one that isn't damaged and that has a reasonable price tag. If you can, usually it's a private seller and you have to pay in full up front. That's kinda hard to do since a bank won't give out loans on vehicles that old unless you borrow against your own money and don't tell them why.
Really? I found my 05 gt in one day just going around town looking for mustangs for sale. Had 51k on it and had one owner got it for 15k

1 - 20 of 28 Posts