Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im looking for a gt500 wing for my 08 gt but im not sure if this store is good for quality if anybody has boughten anything their can you please help me out

·
Registered
2,789 Posts
Im looking for a gt500 wing for my 08 gt but im not sure if this store is good for quality if anybody has boughten anything their can you please help me out
From what I heard its good, I'm sure the many people who bought it will chime in. But everything I heard was positive

·
Registered
366 Posts
I bought mine from them!! I had them prepaint it and when it arrived, I found that they packaged it extremely well!!

First off, they (TheSpoilerStore) had my spoiler wrapped completely in the softest cloth!

Secondly layered it in bubble wrap approximately 2 1/2" thick!

Thirdly, all corners and pedestals were incased styrofoam.

Last but not least, it and all the hardware and instructions were packed in a cardboard box and shipped by UPS!

It is very well made and is very good quality! The color was a perfect match but it also helps that my cars finish is almost like new. I assume he loves his company and the $$$ he makes from making and selling a very good product. At least thats my take on it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
I bought mine from them!! I had them prepaint it and when it arrived, I found that they packaged it extremely well!!

First off, they (TheSpoilerStore) had my spoiler wrapped completely in the softest cloth!

Secondly layered it in bubble wrap approximately 2 1/2" thick!

Thirdly, all corners and pedestals were incased styrofoam.

Last but not least, it and all the hardware and instructions were packed in a cardboard box and shipped by UPS!

It is very well made and is very good quality! The color was a perfect match but it also helps that my cars finish is almost like new. I assume he loves his company and the $$$ he makes from making and selling a very good product. At least thats my take on it.

+1. I had my spoiler on for 4 years without any paint issues. The price/value relationship is in your favor.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
a friend picked up a spoiler from ebay for his 08 GT (GT500 style) in the red metallic color. It looked fine.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
okay awesome because my car is candy apple red and another thing is it easy to intall and what else do i need to do clean the car does it come with 3m tape or just bolts

·
Registered
366 Posts
okay awesome because my car is candy apple red and another thing is it easy to intall and what else do i need to do clean the car does it come with 3m tape or just bolts
The gt500 will bolt on or in your gt's existing holes.

After removing your old spoiler and cleaning the area where the bolts were, if you see any bare metal you might want to put a little bit of primer and then touchup paint on it. Even if no one can see it. :D

·
Registered
442 Posts
Zaks06 GT your car looks awesome with that spoiler on it... I was originally just thinking about removing my spoiler completely but maybe the GT500 spoiler might be the way to go.... I can't get on ebay here at work, how much does the spoilers run and how much to paint usually?

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
They need to hurry up and start selling a 2010+ style GT500 spoiler. Unless I completely missed it haha. I'd buy it in a heartbeat lol

·
Abominable Mustang
1,926 Posts
Holy crap are they painted as well
They sell painted and unpainted. It looks like the painted spoilers are about $50 more. Still a great deal

·
Registered
442 Posts
wow, yeah when I went outside on break I looked it up on ebay on my phone and they have very good prices. I think I'll pick me up one as well, makes my legend lime mustang stand out even more haha! Thanks for the info people!

·
Registered
451 Posts
610swolf said:
Zaks06 GT your car looks awesome with that spoiler on it... I was originally just thinking about removing my spoiler completely but maybe the GT500 spoiler might be the way to go.... I can't get on ebay here at work, how much does the spoilers run and how much to paint usually?
Thanks yea I think it was $125 painted and the paint matches great

image-2355679441.jpg

·
Registered
16 Posts
Shelby parts store online sells painted spoilers for $75, I have one on my 08 Shelby GT. I didn't believe it when I saw it, because Shelby is usually high on parts…
"These rear deck lid spoilers are factory remaining stock from the 2008-2009 Shelby GT500KR program. The pieces also appeared on 2005-2009 V6 Mustangs."

1 - 20 of 24 Posts