Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I moved/pcs to Germany the first week of Aug and had to ship my baby here. And since I have been here I've been driving a 1994 1.2L Opel Corsa that could hardly get out of its own way it was terrible... Well after a month and a half she arrived.... And holy ****.... It's back..... I love that feeling. So if your getting too comfortable with ur car try driving an Opel for two months

·
Registered
208 Posts
That's awesome bro! My GF drives a Toyota Camry and I drive it from time to time since its more gas friendly and whenever I do it gives me a whole new appreciation for the power and torque of the Stang.

·
Banned
8,779 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. My DD is an 02 Ranger 2.3, auto trans. Don't get me wrong I like the little truck, it gets pretty decent mileage and it rides pretty good for a small truck, but after driving it for a while then getting into the Mustang it's like being in a whole different world. The power, the noise, the speed, the smell of burnt rubber and feel of acceleration are almost orgasmic. Phew, that almost got out of hand just thinking and talking about it. ;) :lol:

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
Having a DD is awesome!! Especially if u got 4 cylinder to ease ur pocket a bit on gas, plus u keep ur stang pristine and keep it out if harms way... plus u appreciate it so much more and never gets old when u get s chance to drive it :)

·
Registered
179 Posts
Having a DD is awesome!! Especially if u got 4 cylinder to ease ur pocket a bit on gas, plus u keep ur stang pristine and keep it out if harms way... plus u appreciate it so much more and never gets old when u get s chance to drive it :)
Since I got smart and bought a DD ive saved tons of money. And my pony only put on 1000 this year.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Not me ... my Mustang is my DD. With mods I have well over 42k in the car ... to expensive (and fun) to sit in the garage. Drive it until something breaks ... then replace what breaks.

But, to each his own!

·
Registered
179 Posts
I drive 60+ miles each way to work. For the amount i spend on gas i went out and bought a 2012 focus and still come out ahead. Then the fun car is at home.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
I know exactly what you mean. My dd is a mazda2 that has exactly 100hp and iirc 94 ft-lb of tq. when I garage the stang for the winter, I drive that for 4-5 months straight and it's a ****ing reckoning when I get the stang out in the spring. I almost killed myself forgetting how fast this car is! When I got it out the first time I was cruising down a country road and hammered it in fourth ... saw a turn coming up and looked at the speedo to see how much I needed to slow down and was doing 110! That was I real come to Jesus moment!

·
Registered
730 Posts
I feel like I'm only that uses it as daily driver, every time I look at the front end, I feel I need to test it out. Very distracting. But it's gonna go away for winter months, I bought mine this past April and by time I put it away, I'll be at 12,000 miles...lol

·
Registered
453 Posts
I drive 60+ miles each way to work. For the amount i spend on gas i went out and bought a 2012 focus and still come out ahead. Then the fun car is at home.
I only have to go 18 miles each way, and it's for the most part a drive on nice country roads. 60 miles is a long distance for 93 octane fuel at $4+ a gallon.

·
Registered
1,889 Posts
I would love to drive my Stang daily :-o!! But its not like I can bring my car to work... I'm on the road all day, and my other car is literally my toolbox and takes punishment from heavily populated lots and muddy and rocky areas... I'd be a real toolbox to put my shiny Stang in those conditions

·
Registered
730 Posts
kirpy said:
I hear ya. I always run the highest grade in mine also. Id have to fill up every other day.b
I too run high grade, my other vehicle I swap with is my work truck, so i use my stang when I can. Ive made several trips to Chicago from where I'm at, I love the fact I'm averaging 20-21 mpg with this 5.0

·
Registered
1,798 Posts
That's why I love having a DD and not driving my stang all the time. This way, when I do drive it it's just awesome! And I save money on gas which is a huge +

·
Registered
3,713 Posts
dj_james123 said:
I too run high grade, my other vehicle I swap with is my work truck, so i use my stang when I can. Ive made several trips to Chicago from where I'm at, I love the fact I'm averaging 20-21 mpg with this 5.0
You're avg is higher than my 3.7 l v6........

·
Registered
730 Posts
It is? How's that possible.. I reset the gauge all the time because I don't believe, but it always goes back to that range. Got to love it..lol.

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
dj_james123 said:
It is? How's that possible.. I reset the gauge all the time because I don't believe, but it always goes back to that range. Got to love it..lol.
Those on board gauges aren't accurate. I use fuelly and make sure I always fill up to the first shutoff to make consistent measurements.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
Those on board gauges aren't accurate. I use fuelly and make sure I always fill up to the first shutoff to make consistent measurements.
^this!! I use my calculator

·
Registered
3,045 Posts
deadsp0t said:
^this!! I use my calculator
I just like fuelly since they keep a history and its easy to see patterns and track how drivin style changes, fuel, etc effect your mileage.

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Napoleon85 said:
I just like fuelly since they keep a history and its easy to see patterns and track how drivin style changes, fuel, etc effect your mileage.
Right on! I don't even bother tracking on my Mustang lol

1 - 20 of 31 Posts