Mustang Evolution Forum banner

21 - 26 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
876 Posts
This happened to my old 98 sn ... i got scared that i bought a stolen car so i checked the vin lmao but my bag got stolen once with my only key in it and i had to get a new on made with a chip in it.. so i dont know if that had anything to do with it

·
Registered
3,274 Posts
Damn did you try eating it or something? Lol but yeah, as long as the chip is connected to the key there's no problem. But once the actual chip is broken then your car won't start
Without the chip the car starts, but shuts off after 2 seconds. I lost my key once and had to use a backup key with no chip in it. It takes a long time to move a car up the driveway with it running for 2 seconds at a time......

·
Registered
2,029 Posts
Without the chip the car starts, but shuts off after 2 seconds. I lost my key once and had to use a backup key with no chip in it. It takes a long time to move a car up the driveway with it running for 2 seconds at a time......
Did you try putting it in neutral instead? I mean I don't think it's that heavy. I tried pushing my 66 up my driveway and I to the garage by myself and it wasn't too bad

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hey guys!
I am also having this same problem. Started about 3 weeks ago. Car starts and drives perfectly, but the theft light stays on. Some days it goes away, some days it decides to come back. It's unpredictable

Wondering if y'all ever had any luck with this one?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey guys!
I am also having this same problem. Started about 3 weeks ago. Car starts and drives perfectly, but the theft light stays on. Some days it goes away, some days it decides to come back. It's unpredictable

Wondering if y'all ever had any luck with this one?
mine is currently doing this right now did you ever find out what it was ?

21 - 26 of 26 Posts