Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I check the ticking I had before with the dealership all said its the noise the injectors made so i said ok. Today in the morning I notice something opened the hood and heard a noise on my right valve cover on one of the cylinders nearest to the cabin I heard like a noise familiar to like a woodpecker hitting wood but it wasnt constant it was random sounded like honestly a woodpecker hitting the valvecover the weird thing it wasnt constant or really that loud just weird.

·
Registered
3,824 Posts
ebgonzalez1 said:
I check the ticking I had before with the dealership all said its the noise the injectors made so i said ok. Today in the morning I notice something opened the hood and heard a noise on my right valve cover on one of the cylinders nearest to the cabin I heard like a noise familiar to like a woodpecker hitting food but it wasnt constant it was random sounded like honestly a woodpecker hitting the valvecover the weird thing it wasnt constant or really that loud just weird.
Lol I was seriously expecting a bird to be stuck in ur engine lmao!!

·
Registered
344 Posts
Me too!

Thread win.

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Lol... any one know what it could be unless ford uses woodpeckers for the heads

·
Registered
371 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
99ford said:
Stuck valve possibly. That's a wild guess
I notice it only did it once and it was when cold I tried looking for the noise today and nothing it was weird would it have anything to do with the oil since its still the original factory oil as it only has 3k miles

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
ebgonzalez1 said:
I notice it only did it once and it was when cold I tried looking for the noise today and nothing it was weird would it have anything to do with the oil since its still the original factory oil as it only has 3k miles
I don't think so. Sometimes I notice if cars are really cold they will make a slight sound at idle for about 2-3 minutes until it is warm. If it hasn't done it since, I would just keep an eye/ (ear) on it. And if it does it again, then I would just ask the service advisor about it. (if you have a good one) I probably know more about cars than mine)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I know the feeling I hear/notice more things than anyone else.

·
Registered
809 Posts
I don't think so. Sometimes I notice if cars are really cold they will make a slight sound at idle for about 2-3 minutes until it is warm. If it hasn't done it since, I would just keep an eye/ (ear) on it. And if it does it again, then I would just ask the service advisor about it. (if you have a good one) I probably know more about cars than mine)

---------- Post added at 08:59 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:56 PM ----------

I know the feeling I hear/notice more things than anyone else.
this is good advice... just be aware of it, if you notice anything odd or if you are really worried about it then take it in to the dealer. Thats what a warranty is for my friend.

·
Registered
2,907 Posts
Charlie_santos said:
Lol I was seriously expecting a bird to be stuck in ur engine lmao!!
Glad I'm not the only one lol

1 - 15 of 15 Posts