Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Always loved the way the SN95 Saleen's looked. A while back I read this article in MM&FF about this guy with a yellow '95 GT that got wrecked an he put a full Saleen body kit on it and I loved how it looked. So, here's what I'm thinking.

- Full Saleen S-351 Body Kit
- Saleen S-281 Rear Wing
- Saleen S-351 Composite Heat Riser Hood
- Saleen Chevron Fader Stripes
- Ultra Clear Parking/Marker Lights
- Ultra Clear Headlamps [w/Cool Blue Bulbs]
- Under-Body Neo-Blue Lights
- Shortened Attenna
- 35% Window Tint

My car is Bright Atlantic Blue. Already a eye catcher, now I want it to be a show stopper. Figure I'd save up and add the body kit when a get the car repainted in a few years.

But also, no sure about adding the euro/altezza tail lamps. Not sure how'd the look. Any opinions?

·
Banned
11,872 Posts
I wouldnt put the Euros on a car that has a Full out Saleen body kit. What year is your car exactly?

Instead of a shortened atenna just get rid of it. It make your car look so much smoother

·
Registered
58 Posts
no no on the euros. The rest sounds great. gotta get some rims to go with that kit tho, or else your call wont look finished. Also, i would hold out on the underglows till you finish the kit, you might decide that they actually detract from the appearance (the kits ia nice enough by itself imo). Also, get more than a 35 tint on the sides. I havea a 35, and its not dark enough during the day. (see pic below)

On the fader stripes: dont buy em from saleen. Way to expensive. there are other vendors that sell the same exact design, i would go for those (they are just stickers people). Also, i say go for the shortened antennae. I did it. It looks pimp.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Oh yea, I knew I was forgetting something. The rims are 280 Motorsport Rs. These are what I'm looking at.

http://www.allfordmustangs.com/forums/photopost/showphoto.php?photo=5223&size=big&password=&sort=7&thecat=998

Those are the Y2K Version. I want the old school '95 Style. To late on the underbodys. Already sitting in my room mocking me until I install next weekend. 35 percent tint is the legal limit here. I don't wanna push it.

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
One thing about the tint Dom is that I don't know about TN, but in MS the law is the windows can't be any darker than 35%. I tried to be good and get it legal but the stock windows are already tinted slightly. So when I went to get my tint approved it registered as 28% and the guy at the HP station woudn't approve it. So, if I had to do it over again, I'd just go with 20 and get it over with. I'm not exactly sure on TN, but you should be able to find it out fairly easily. That's just me speaking from experience.
BTW: I got pulled over by a highway patrolman last week for speeding and he didn't say a word about my tint at night

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
Dom said:
Those are the Y2K Version.
you sure about that?? i didnt know ford made 4 luggers for stangs in 2k :-? :-? :-?

look into some white powdercoated rims, those would look awesome on a blue car with a saleen kit..

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
ZimStang said:
Dom said:
Those are the Y2K Version.
you sure about that?? i didnt know ford made 4 luggers for stangs in 2k :-? :-? :-?

look into some white powdercoated rims, those would look awesome on a blue car with a saleen kit..
No, they have them in four and five lug version.

Hmm...white powdercoat..chrome....tuff choice.

·
Premium Member
3,263 Posts
i agree with the no euros and you should shave your antenna off and get a hidden one. i am cutting my antenna out when i do my body work. i dont have a radio so its pointless anyway.

·
Registered
614 Posts
Brent said:
I wouldnt put the Euros on a car that has a Full out Saleen body kit. What year is your car exactly?

Instead of a shortened atenna just get rid of it. It make your car look so much smoother
Word, don't need an antenna if you install an internal booster... or... you could just get... XM!! But seriously tho, shortening your antenna will take you 20 minutes tops. And boy does it make a visual difference. :)

I think the car will look great with all of those combined Saleen elements. I think Brent is right about staying away from the altezza's. The look of the Saleen doesn't go too well with euro's.

·
Registered
1,192 Posts
I think your car is gonna look nice minus the euros and your all set. My opinion is if your gonna get a whole new paint job why not just shave everything off?

I was planning to do that and it wasnt much more expensive to do considering for the antenna the kit at radio shack is 29$ the door handles was 150$ and badges are just a simple fill in.

I dunno thats just me. I plan on doing that wit the next stang I get.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts