Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm thinking about getting a boss spliter with a cs lower facia with fog lights. He asking 400 for all of it is that a good used price? I'm not sure what they go for used.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
That's about $100 off them new. Boss splitter has 26 bolts that attach it to the fascia & bumper. If they weren't measured and drilled properly it won't line up. Did he have pics of them installed? It would be a pain in the ass if they were off centered and you had to correct it.

I'd probably just spend the extra cash and buy them new. Unless he's willing to take less? :D

Gibby said:
That one is minus the fog lights. It's an extra $99 with fogs.

·
Registered
501 Posts
primer2tone said:
That's about $100 off them new. Boss splitter has 26 bolts that attach it to the fascia & bumper. If they weren't measured and drilled properly it won't line up. Did he have pics of them installed? It would be a pain in the ass if they were off centered and you had to correct it.

I'd probably just spend the extra cash and buy them new. Unless he's willing to take less? :D

That one is minus the fog lights. It's an extra $99 with fogs.
+1 I would just buy new

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thats exactly what I am contemplating, whether or not to spend the extra money and get it new. It has the Boss splitter already attached to the cs facia w/fogs. I priced it out on AM and its $524 total. The splitter is mounted perfectly on the facia and is in great condition. I was thinking the used price should be a little lower though. $350 shipped a good offer?

·
Registered
914 Posts
GrabberBlue5.0 said:
People think when they buy something it must be made of hold when they sell it
You got that rite wance you buy something it loses alot of value. Go for it if it's in good shape an you can get it cheep enought

·
Registered
161 Posts
Maybe I'm just an ignorant doofus, but what exactly is a "splitter?"

Every time I see someone refer to a splitter, I think it's the entire front bumper, but i get the feeling I'm way off. Someone tell me it's the black lower part of the front/rear bumper and confirm that I am indeed an idiot.

thanks.

·
Banned
1,684 Posts
Klaximilian said:
Maybe I'm just an ignorant doofus, but what exactly is a "splitter?"

Every time I see someone refer to a splitter, I think it's the entire front bumper, but i get the feeling I'm way off. Someone tell me it's the black lower part of the front/rear bumper and confirm that I am indeed an idiot.

thanks.
No... A splitter is what connects the fuel lines to the a/c compressor. It looks like a cosmetic mod, but it actually chills your gasoline to that of a cold beverage to create more combustion and quench your thirst if needed. Most people install a tap to gain access to the chilled gasoline from inside the car like the pic below.

Attachments

·
Registered
161 Posts
No... A splitter is what connects the fuel lines to the a/c compressor. It looks like a cosmetic mod, but it actually chills your gasoline to that of a cold beverage to create more combustion and quench your thirst if needed. Most people install a tap to gain access to the chilled gasoline from inside the car like the pic below.
Now that we got that one out of the way, what is it really?

·
Registered
1,171 Posts

Attachments

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Mikeyt03 said:
HEY! What the hell do you think you are doing?!? I'm the forum clown!

Maybe there's room for another. That was pretty clever. I'm gonna have to tax you for that one. :D

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
Klaximilian said:
Now that we got that one out of the way, what is it really?

image-593685252.jpg

image-1943655654.jpg

image-3917772771.jpg Besides it looks badass it helps split the air between the car and underside allowing it to flow smoothly under the car.
That's my educated opinion.

·
It's not me, it's you.
6,752 Posts
primer2tone said:
No... A splitter is what connects the fuel lines to the a/c compressor. It looks like a cosmetic mod, but it actually chills your gasoline to that of a cold beverage to create more combustion and quench your thirst if needed. Most people install a tap to gain access to the chilled gasoline from inside the car like the pic below. :p
There, that's better.

1 - 20 of 46 Posts