Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,

Ignore the bad photo editing below!

The top image is what I currently have - a set of Fox Alloys that I have never liked - they came on the car when I got it.

The bottom is how it could look with a set of originals.

10a.JPG

What's the view of everyone?

I personally prefer the bottom image...

All comments received, positive or negative!

Thanks in advance.

TMW

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
I'm actually a fan of those tribars. Regardless the ones you have now are hideous no offense...

I'd say any stock 94-up GT/Cobra rims would be an upgrade even the basic 5 spoke GT rims.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The tribars I superimposed (badly) were actually from a photo of my old 94 GT Convertible - I do prefer them.

I agree - I can't stand the wheels that are on it at the moment - everyone else seems to like them though, but I just don't see it myself.

There's a set on eBay at the moment about 170 miles away from me - £90 for the set, but they need refurbing. I could probably make some of that back selling those ones but I would rather just have a set I can put on.

If nothing else comes along though...

TMW

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Refurbing in the states was about $125USD a wheel so that's new rim price honestly. I know places in the states should ship to overseas addresses.

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Refurbing in the states was about $125USD a wheel so that's new rim price honestly. I know places in the states should ship to overseas addresses.
We can get refurbs done for about £30 per wheel (or so) upwards so it's actually not too bad a price - but wheel cost, refurb cost, transfer the tyres cost, it all adds up, alas...

TMW

·
Registered
900 Posts
That car, that color, tri -bars +1!
Good luck getting them, refurbishing and all, however you do it.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I think the tri-bars are indeed the winner.

Just need to find a decent set over here in the UK now...

TMW

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Well good luck. Not sure how the scene is there but here in southern Spain I've only ever seen one other 94-04 car with niceish wheels...

Sent from my Z978 using Mustang Evolution mobile app

·
Registered
1,982 Posts
I prefer the ones you have one now. Of course I am running Chrome Bullitts on my Mustang.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Hi all,

Well, I got them!

After many postings and much hunting they were only 26 miles from home!

Need a clean etc. but the price I paid was incredible. Only annoying thing, one was missing the centre cap.

I have just ordered one from a salvage place on eBay US for 8USD plus 16USD shipping to the UK (abuot £19 all in) - hopefully it will be with me early September so I can then get them swapped out.

Tyre size is apparently the same as I currently have so that's a result.

TMW

·
Registered
900 Posts
Hi all,

Well, I got them!

After many postings and much hunting they were only 26 miles from home!

Need a clean etc. but the price I paid was incredible. Only annoying thing, one was missing the centre cap.

I have just ordered one from a salvage place on eBay US for 8USD plus 16USD shipping to the UK (abuot £19 all in) - hopefully it will be with me early September so I can then get them swapped out.

Tyre size is apparently the same as I currently have so that's a result.

TMW
Fantastic!!! Glad you found some nearby. Post pics when they’re on.

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Fantastic!!! Glad you found some nearby. Post pics when they’re on.
Well, they're on!

Pic as requested.

IMG-20180904-03106.jpg

Much better - I think it has completely transformed the car - and they are much better than my original poor mock-up.

Previous Fox ones will be on eBay at 9pm tonight (BST).

TMW

·
Super Moderator
17,864 Posts
Now it looks like a Mustang. Nice.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts