1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Venomouz831 said:
Offer him 200
I did, he came back at $250 saying it he has $500 into it and it is a cervini

---------- Post added at 09:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:05 PM ----------

Doe_Rae_mi said:
300 is wayyy to much
What's a good price?

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Post pics when you get it on!
I will do so!! It's freaking killing me!! I want my Mustang back so bad. They now say tomorrow or Thursday!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

oh and to answer your question, I'm not sure what the price is for the fox, but I paid $594 for the 05-09!

·
Registered
571 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
99ford said:
I will do so!! It's freaking killing me!! I want my Mustang back so bad. They now say tomorrow or Thursday!

---------- Post added at 07:26 PM ---------- Previous post was at 07:21 PM ----------

oh and to answer your question, I'm not sure what the price is for the fox, but I paid $594 for the 05-09!
Your having a shop put it on? I think it is the same price, so at $250 I getting it for less than 50% retail and I don't have tax or shipping. I'm thinking I'm gonna get it.

·
Lorraine's driver
8,195 Posts
Just got it yesterday and here it is in my garage.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I'd say buy it!! Just make sure they don't paint underneath! It's supposed to be gloss black!
Looks good 99!

·
Registered
521 Posts
When you consider it'll cost $400 or more for a GOOD, not maaco, paint job...its not that good of a deal. I bought my cobra r hood for my 98 for 150

·
Registered
3,783 Posts
99ford said:
Just got it yesterday and here it is in my garage.

---------- Post added at 09:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 09:53 AM ----------

I'd say buy it!! Just make sure they don't paint underneath! It's supposed to be gloss black!
I'm liking it, nice paint job also.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
When you consider it'll cost $400 or more for a GOOD, not maaco, paint job...its not that good of a deal. I bought my cobra r hood for my 98 for 150
But he will have to pay to get painted regardless of what price he has to pay. So, I don't see how that is a bad deal even if he has to pay $500.00 to get painted.

Looking at my invoice paint and labor was based at $38.00 an hour and those are as follows

2.8 on top
1.1 clear
1.4 refinish underside
.7 to install

That comes to $228.00 + supplies of $150-200.00

378.00-428.00

After taxes and fees that should put you around 400-500.

That would be like paying 650-750 paying

Full retail + paint comes out to well over $1,000

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

I'm liking it, nice paint job also.
Thank-you! It turned out really nice they perfectly blended the paint. There are a few areas, I'm not happy with, but they offer a lifetime guarantee on paint. So I'll take it back and see what they can do.

·
Registered
521 Posts
99ford said:
But he will have to pay to get painted regardless of what price he has to pay. So, I don't see how that is a bad deal even if he has to pay $500.00 to get painted.

Looking at my invoice paint and labor was based at $38.00 an hour and those are as follows

2.8 on top
1.1 clear
1.4 refinish underside
.7 to install

That comes to $228.00 + supplies of $150-200.00

378.00-428.00

After taxes and fees that should put you around 400-500.

That would be like paying 650-750 paying

Full retail + paint comes out to well over $1,000

---------- Post added at 08:32 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:28 AM ----------

Thank-you! It turned out really nice they perfectly blended the paint. There are a few areas, I'm not happy with, but they offer a lifetime guarantee on paint. So I'll take it back and see what they can do.
Craigslist, as well as friends in the auto body repair are life savers. I picked up my hood for 150, which I think is over priced somewhat based on that I could get a brand new cobra r hood for 270, just would have to make the drive to pick it up. Then I paid 300 for paint and alignment. I just think there are better deals out there, especially on fox body cowl hoods. I always see them on craigslist so im sure it wouldn't take long to find a guy willing to part ways for less than $200.

·
Premium Member
6,120 Posts
Craigslist, as well as friends in the auto body repair are life savers. I picked up my hood for 150, which I think is over priced somewhat based on that I could get a brand new cobra r hood for 270, just would have to make the drive to pick it up. Then I paid 300 for paint and alignment. I just think there are better deals out there, especially on fox body cowl hoods. I always see them on craigslist so im sure it wouldn't take long to find a guy willing to part ways for less than $200.
Oh ok I see what you're saying. I didn't even think to look on CL. Knowing someone helps a lot.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts