Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1,286 Posts
the ring is part of the gears, not the posi unit. You cannot tell from that picture, but it LOOKS like an open diff.

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
the tlok ("posi") unit looks nearly the same as a open diff you need a better picture to see if it is/or is not. regardless dont buy used parts you will regret it, new those parts (gears and tlok) will be 350 bucks so just buy new.

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
What if I were able to get them for 130 in almost new condition(aka 1 time used, I was there for install and usage)?

That's not a pic of the actual set I'm getting just a substitute, these look just like the ones my brother has.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I would buy them in your case if they are going to do what you need, in my eyes cheaper is allways better...but if they are damaged in anyway you wont have a warranty, but I think it should be OK!

The thing you wanna look for is any cracks along the teeth, if they are good, you should be fine!

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well I'm going down to Harrisburg on Monday to see him and then I will get a better look at them. I'm going to look for chips and cracks, any wear might make me say no. I'll prob get them checked out and installed by a mechanic around here that I know...

·
Premium Member
1,282 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had 3 mechanics I trust look at the gears and all of them said they were fine, but none of them could install it for me. I got a number for some guy and theres one place left for me to check in my area... I hate living in rural PA. :no:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts