Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to do an oil change on my car. I usually use a lift but at the moment I dont have access to one. driveup ramps wont fit under my car because the front bumper hangs down too low. Out of everyone else's personal experience, what do you think is the easiest and most convenient way for me to get my car off the ground so I can do the oil change?

·
Registered
1,715 Posts
Just use a jack and some jack stands before you climb under the car.If I want to use ramps I drive up on some wood blocks, then up on the ramps. Didn't have to do that untill I put that chin spoiler on

·
Premium Member
19,890 Posts
I always use jack and jack stands. Gotta change my oil this weekend as a matter of fact. Just be careful when putting oil drain plug back in. Mine got crossthreaded. Really sucked getting it back out and had to steal my friend's jeep to go get a new one. That was back when I used to carry it to oil change shops cuz I was lazy. No more of that. Not only did they crossthread my drain plug, they put washer fluid in my coolant...I was just slightly pissed.

·
Registered
38 Posts
lowflyn said:
I always use jack and jack stands. Gotta change my oil this weekend as a matter of fact. Just be careful when putting oil drain plug back in. Mine got crossthreaded. Really sucked getting it back out and had to steal my friend's jeep to go get a new one. That was back when I used to carry it to oil change shops cuz I was lazy. No more of that. Not only did they crossthread my drain plug, they put washer fluid in my coolant...I was just slightly pissed.
please tell me that you refused to give them money for a job poorly done.

·
Registered
567 Posts
is your car lowered?

my car is still a 4x4 so I can reach in from the side and get to the drain plug depending on the surface im parked on.

If anything, drive one tire up on a curb so you can get under that one side.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts