Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that is all :D

·
Registered
941 Posts
since you calmed down and stopped flaming and making inappropriate comments, it has gotten better. 3 weeks til the neon comes? do you have mods yet for it or are you going to learn the car first?

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ill prb throw a BOV on it and adjust the wastegate. Smoke a few V8's for fun run some mid 13's. Then start waiting for stage 2 :shock: :headbang: :shock: :headbang:

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
ya FWD nitto DR's run great on them the gear setup is 5 speed obviously Gear ratios are.
1st: 3.647
2nd: 2.045
3rd: 1.367
4th: 0.947
5 th: 0.756
Final drive ratio: 3.526
Reverse: 3.470

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
the car doesnt grip too well obviously from a dig ill have LSD on my 04 which will help but it will still suck. THe car isnt a first gear car anyways 2nd gear hits and boost climbs and thats when its bye bye time. And from a roll its even quicker.

·
Registered
941 Posts
that's too bad it's FWD. get the manual man! i guess for a FWD car taking off the front sway bar could actually hurt you instead of helping like it does on RWD cars. or do FWD cars with a limited slip and sticky tire tug fine without a sway bar? one day i'd like to have an import just because it's so different from what i'm used to to mess around with and has as a daily driver. good luck on seeking out GT's, it's possible, i've seen it happen. quite sad, but oh well. i'm more of a mustang guy myself. if you ever got the money a RWD conversion would earn you better times and respect if nothing else! are they given IRS or are they still horrible handlers?

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1. not sure about hte suspension. 2.The car only comes in 5 speed so. 3.Sway bar needs to stay on. 4. Its not an import. 5. I will smoke GT's bone stock so it wont really be seeking it out. 6. Not really gonna worry about a RWD conversion. Quite a few guys r running 12's now and thats without many mods and being it as my daily driver 12's would be more then enough speed for me.

·
Registered
941 Posts
eh, you're right, it's not an import. i'd blame it on something, but i'm under no influences right now. :) i guess i just think small compact FWD cars and i think import. do you have some track experience, you're speaking pretty bold words for someoe that doesn't yet even own the car. :)

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
i have no track exp or skill driving a 5 speed yet. This will all come in time of course. My driving skills and my srt wont equal much for awhile till i get it down pat. But then again im not gonna be hot rodding it around for the first 500 miles anyways. hopefully by late summer ill be good to go. You can call it a "tuner" car. I think thats the best general term for a turbo 4 cyl

·
Registered
941 Posts
goodl uck learning a 5 spd, it's fun. if you could learn on an old truck or jeep, you'd save your new car from the torment. i had to learn on my stang when i got her home. heck, my dad drove her home even! automatics just aren't fun unless you have an ungodly amount of power. vettes are fun autos because they don't have inherently crappy auto trannies like mustangs do. it's all good though, you'll see once you start learning. try starting her off in second gear at first!

184 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
LOL thats funny cuz my dad is doing the same thing for me. Ive driven a few b4 so im not totally lost. I told my dad ill b too nervous tho at first and excited so he is going to test drive it and take it home then will go straight to the parking lot lol. Good thing i stil have my 6 tho to drive till i get good at it for the first few days.

·
Registered
2,391 Posts
Well, go ahead an order a new clutch. :D

Get in your driveway and drive forward a litle bit and then back up. Best way learn how to get it rolling without roasting your tires or burning the clutch out.

And don't let the clutch grab and the give it a little gas on a hill. Use the brake. That is the garunteed fastest way to burn the clutch out.

·
Registered
941 Posts
uh you can try learning in your driveway, but if i had done that, i'd have stalled out and plowed into my driveway.

yeah, if you live somewhere hilly, use the brakes all the time, don't even downshift unless you're going from a fast zone to a slower zoned road.

·
You want to **** me?
4,043 Posts
i dunno those have potential too. From a dig stock for stock i dont see that lil SRT getting any traction. I spose it could depend on lots of factors but just generally thinking youll beat every stock car stock for stock in every race case doesnt make sense. The majority of times yes, but theres going to be slip ups too. As far as anyones concerned... a win is a win ;)

1 - 20 of 40 Posts