Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well I just started getting into Modding my mustang. So far ive put a new head unit, 2 12' subs, duel exhaust, and im going to paint the calipers probably Monday. So then after that for Christmas im going to use some of my money to get a cold air intake. Wanting to start with an intake cause its an inexpensive mod and it supposedly will give me a few horses and some torque. Here are the two that I am looking at:
SR Performance Cold Air Intake Kit at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

SR Performance Blackout Cold Air Intake (99-04 Mustang V6) - Free Shipping!

What do y'all think? What are your opinions and takes on cold are intakes?

·
Registered
7,311 Posts
both will work the same...if you have cash to blow then just grab the cheapest CAI possible and then put the rest into mods that'll really help.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
You can get even cheaper ones from eBay for about 60-65, same thing as AM's

·
AmericanMuscle.com
2,878 Posts
Well I just started getting into Modding my mustang. So far ive put a new head unit, 2 12' subs, duel exhaust, and im going to paint the calipers probably Monday. So then after that for Christmas im going to use some of my money to get a cold air intake. Wanting to start with an intake cause its an inexpensive mod and it supposedly will give me a few horses and some torque. Here are the two that I am looking at:

Sluder4,

The SR performance CAI is a great product. Both of the systems you linked to are the same, with just a different finish! This Stack Racing Cold Air Intake kit completely replaces the restrictive stock factory air box and paper filter element in your V6 Mustang with a high flow filter assembly for a noticeable increase in horsepower and throttle response while filtering out harmful power robbing dust particles. A CAI pulls cooler denser air from inside the inner fender well to make more power that you can feel.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you have any questions. Our Mustang Experts are here Monday-Friday from 9AM-9PM EST and Saturdays from 9AM-5:30PM EST. If you want to hit them up, their number is 866.727.1266.

-Dan

·
Registered
748 Posts

cold air intake is a perfect starting point! they all do the same thing so might as well spend the least amount for one!

·
Registered
360 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks for all the replies! Ill go check out the ones on eBay as well. But I do really like the ones from AM I might go with the 75 dollar one possibly cause that's the cheapest one I have found so far and it has a lot of great reviews.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts