Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright I have a 2013 v6 performance package, Borla atak exhaust on. I want to make my exhaust louder, but I can't void my warranty. So should I invest in the electric cutout on americanmuscle.com. If not, what should I buy?

Attachments

·
Registered
1,020 Posts
long tube headers with midpipe or offroad x pipe. with the offroad or a midpipe without cats you may have inspection issues depending on the state you live in. long tube headers and midpipe with hi flow cats is what i would do if the budget allows. otherwise jsut go with an offroad mid pipe and swap backin your stock midipe at inspection.

·
Registered
809 Posts
will a muffler delete void your warranty? Thats what I did but I have not been back to the dealer since I pulled them off so Im not sure.... I herd the ATAK's were some of the loudest axle backs and the cat backs are even louder. deleting cats as suggested would also do the trick but your better off going with the high flow cats so you can still pass inspection if needed. I think your best bet is the electric cut out like your looking at. I would put them in just after the H or X pipe.

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I was gonna put the ford x pipe in because it doesnt mess with the cats, but in turn they had to cut the pipes off of the cats so they wouldnt do it. So it's really my only option. Could you put the cutouts in with stock pipes? And where exactly does it go?

·
Registered
809 Posts
I was gonna put the ford x pipe in because it doesnt mess with the cats, but in turn they had to cut the pipes off of the cats so they wouldnt do it. So it's really my only option. Could you put the cutouts in with stock pipes? And where exactly does it go?
the cutout's are designed to be welded on in most cases. There is no right or wrong place to have them installed really but I would probably put them after your X or H pipe if your just after sound. Technically, you cats steal some HP from you so if you had the cutout's installed pre cat you could see some small gain's. Then again, if your trying to avoid cutting your exhaust up, it's not going to happen....

---------- Post added at 12:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:18 PM ----------

and yes, you could put them in line with stock pipes as long as you buy the proper diameter cutout's.

·
Registered
622 Posts
Alright I have a 2013 v6 performance package, Borla atak exhaust on. I want to make my exhaust louder, but I can't void my warranty. So should I invest in the electric cutout on americanmuscle.com. If not, what should I buy?
I believe for cut outs that would be a dealer question. As stated above you can put a full system on it but will void warranty. Axel backs won't void but once headers installed yes since they need a tune and that will void it.

Then you can throw the mongoose act at them but that's a different topic.

---------- Post added at 02:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:19 PM ----------

I believe for cut outs that would be a dealer question. As stated above you can put a full system on it but will void warranty. Axel backs won't void but once headers installed yes since they need a tune and that will void it.

Then you can throw the mongoose act at them but that's a different topic.
Btw sweet Stang!!

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
it wont sound good, but it will be loud. Perhaps for the track only?

·
Registered
809 Posts
it wont sound good, but it will be loud. Perhaps for the track only?
People used to wire these up in such a way that they would only open at WOT. that would be another option.... not to mention that you would get some good reactions from people when your car went from loud to OMFG!.... at the strip of course, no wot on the streets lol

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Why won't it sound good?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

And the mongoose act?

·
Registered
809 Posts
Why won't it sound good?

---------- Post added at 01:46 PM ---------- Previous post was at 01:45 PM ----------

And the mongoose act?
mongoose act states that your dealer/manufacturer must prove that the modification(s) you have made were the cause of the damage or problem you have that you want fixed under warranty. For example, if your side mirror falls off they couldn't tell you that it is no longer covered by your warranty because you have an exhaust.... there is a thread with a link to the actual law somewhere, ill try to find it again

and I dont think it wouldn't sound good, i dont have any mufflers at all which is like having open cutouts (kinda) and like it... it was a bit obnoxious at first but it has grown on me over time

·
Registered
776 Posts
Electric cutouts before the cats sounds like having a cam at idle but when accelerating it will sound crappy. After the cats will give it a louder sound but will drone. But the benefit of having electric cutouts is that you can eliminate the drone at the touch of a button!

·
Registered
132 Posts
And the mongoose act?

I think he means the Magnuson-Moss Warranty Act. You can google it if you want to read up on it.

·
Registered
1,653 Posts
Put them as close to your cats as you can, or better said as far forward as you can. I got patriot ones from amazon for 68 ish bucks, just the cut outs though no gates. They came with clamps, that you seem you would use. Welding is just a more hardcore keep forever type of mod ÷]„

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
So If I put it like a couple of inches from the cats, it'll sound real good? I eventually plan on getting long tube headers and then a catted shorty x-pipe. Will that be a good combo with the cutout and my Borla atak?

---------- Post added at 06:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:40 PM ----------

And when the cutouts are open, does it turn the flow of air just to the cutouts or does it allow it to go to my mufflers and out of the cutouts as well?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts