Votes: 15 37.5%
  • It's horrible.

Votes: 8 20.0%
1 - 20 of 62 Posts

·
Banned
9,903 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Now that the 2008 Bullitt has been revealed what do you think about it?

I think the gray wheels kill the look. It looks too dull with the dark green. Not my favorite Mustang by far.

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
6,866 Posts
Horrible. It looks like a V6 in every way. For what it is being listed at price wise...plus the markups the dealers are sure to put on it...it should at least have some good styling. It is very plain jane and a lot of the current bullit owners I have talked to and read posts from think this car is a turd.

·
Registered
197 Posts
I can see the shifter and the surrounding bezel being big aftermarket items, but otherwise.... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz. I know they were trying to stay true to the classic Bullitt styling, but god damn!

Pros:
  • I'm glad to see that Ford actually put a set of 3.73s in a production Mustang.
  • Removed the box around the air filter finally.
  • Increased RPM range.
  • Just like the New Edge Bullitts and Mach1s, I love the gauges
  • Shifter & bezel, along with strut brace could be big aftermarket items for Ford

Cons:
  • This does not stand out in any way, shape or form. If I saw it on the street I'd swear it was just a V6 with dual exhaust and a rear bumper swap.
  • Ford made sure to go out of their way to lower the car a whopping 6mm! (that's not even a 1/4" for those of you south of the 49th) LMFAO! Why bother?
  • The grill.... OMG, don't even get me started on Ford's continuous use of that fuckin honeycomb design. I was really hoping for a cool black billet grill for this car. That would've become as popular as the Mach1 grill delete on the 99-04s.
  • It still really annoys me that they offer the car in black (but at least they tossed the blue option this time). THE BULLITT CAR WAS HIGHLAND GREEN! Don't like it? Tough.
  • The dash looks retarded and busy with all of the spiral brushing effects - I'm sure the flash from the camera makes it look worse than it would in person, but if I owned this car, I'd paint it to match the rest of the dash.
  • What... no red callipers?

In the end, just like the 2001 Bullitts, this is a regular old GT with a limited production run, slightly different tune, and a few minor changes (most of which are cosmetic)........ and just like the 2001 Bullitts, the people who buy these cars will think they're made of gold and ask for inflated prices when they turn around to sell them in a few years.

If I were in the market for a brand new Mustang, I wouldn't waste my time even considering an 08 Bullitt..... never mind my money to buy one.

·
Premium Member
2,804 Posts
Ford blew this one !!! It's ugly and under powered

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
Its boring and .... blah all over... they dropped the ball on this one. They probably couldnt lower it any more as it wouldnt fit on the trailers delivering the vehicles.... but I would have assumed they had more wiggle room than that due to how freaking high these cars are stock.

·
Premium Member
2,455 Posts
Aside from the color... the new edge bullitts didn't stand out at all, no fog lights, no spoiler.. And they were still received well (I liked them too)

Same goes for me and this one.. I almost think there's more performance enhancement to this one than the last version had...

·
Registered
2,541 Posts
2008 Mustang Bullitt made #3 on Yahoo's top ten searches Today

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
they are trying to make it look as close as they can to the one in the movie... which was basically a blah car to begin with... I guess the whole retro thing made them want to try their best to match it up~

·
15.3 Second V8 Killer Yo
6,866 Posts
they are trying to make it look as close as they can to the one in the movie... which was basically a blah car to begin with... I guess the whole retro thing made them want to try their best to match it up~
At least give it enough power difference to make the additional cost worth it. 315 hp for $31k? Um, no...specially not in a 3800ish pound car.

So it is a stripped down GT made to look like a V6 with what, 15 more HP, and a 6 mm lower stance...for $31k? Might as well get a GT vert for that price.

·
Premium Member
2,388 Posts
At least give it enough power difference to make the additional cost worth it. 315 hp for $31k? Um, no...specially not in a 3800ish pound car.

So it is a stripped down GT made to look like a V6 with what, 15 more HP, and a 6 mm lower stance...for $31k? Might as well get a GT vert for that price.
You really have absolutely no clue what a 2008 Bullitt weighs, do you? Here's a hint, it's a lot less than a 2003 Cobra (and a hell of a lot less than your convertible).

Here's another hint (from here):

Manufacturer Curb Weight (lb): 3,356

·
Registered
583 Posts
I really like the color of the car in combo with the dark grey wheels...Otherwise, it's just alright...could use a little more under the hood and some more exterior upgrades (such as alumnum rear window louvers, red calipers, more attractive front bumpber/grill, etc...), especially if they want to make the increase in sticker price over the GT worth it...

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
3665 03/04 cobra coupe
3780 03/04 cobra vert

so its 3665 - 3531 = 134 lbs lighter so 134lbs = on HELL of a weight difference lol.

on a side note you can get an 03 coupe down to 3000lbs pretty easy~ just need a couple grand in parts.

dont get me wrong the 03/04 cobra is WAY WAY WAY WAY overweight... just a comparison.

·
Registered
1,742 Posts
why is everyone complaining how ugly or plain it looks? thats ford for you......they **** up, its nothing new. but you know what? none of that matters b/c ford knows people will buy it no matter what. b/c sales people will hype it up "oh yeah, that bullitt is a special edition" blah blah blah "its so fast, much faster than a gt"......the main point is the mustang basically sells itself. between that and it being hyped up, ford can cut corners and **** this and that up. and it doesnt matter b/c people have 60 grand to blow on a mustang.........a friggin mustang whose interior rattles when you hit a hard bump, no matter what trim it is or how much it costs.

i'll bet ford could make a "limited edition" mustang that had a 4cyl, 3-speed column shift, painted pink, with a dildo antenna and the phrase "hooray for cock, i love it up the ass" painted on the hood, and people would still buy it

·
Premium Member
25,510 Posts
The hype of the mustang can only carry it so far... look what took place with the camaro. They had best make a car that talks the talk and walks the walk if they wish to stay in the game with all the offerings that are comming... they have been behind the leaders in performance in all category's for a long long time with the the base v8 or any mustang in recent years minus the 03/04 and mach1's

1 - 20 of 62 Posts