Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into getting a hurst short throw shifter and bbk throttle body...interested in knowing if anyone on here has either of these products and what their take on them is?

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Welp no one replied with any suggestions on the shifter or throttle body but I went ahead and got the shifter anyway! Shows how much I care what you guys think! Haha just kidding but in all seriousness, the shifter is great and I just wanted to show it off

Attachments

·
Registered
622 Posts
I'm new here. But I got the shifter bracket for under the car. And it helped out shifting way more even with the stock shifter. Barton is a good brand. Might help out ur hurst shifter.

·
Registered
254 Posts
hey there-
i'm planning to do both on my 04gt too.... was looking at hurst, or a steeda tri-ax, pro 5.0, or maybe an mgw. glad u like yours!

how u makin' out with the TB? plenum too, or something like the bbk complete 1 piece unit? i'm thinking about a 70 mm(i heard anything larger no benefit unless switching over to forced air?) for my 04

joe

·
Premium Member
26,052 Posts
does the throttle body require a retune? if it doesnt is it really doing anything?

as far as the shifter I would research the different ones out so you dont get one wishing you had gotten another down the road.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
fultonboy09 said:
I am having trouble learning this new stock Getrag from my 03 GT t-45! I'm constantly missing 3rd! Did the Hurst help you?
I never really had a problem with 3rd gear but all I can say is the hurst is a very smooth and firm shift it's short and just a pleasure

imhooked said:
hey there-
i'm planning to do both on my 04gt too.... was looking at hurst, or a steeda tri-ax, pro 5.0, or maybe an mgw. glad u like yours!

how u makin' out with the TB? plenum too, or something like the bbk complete 1 piece unit? i'm thinking about a 70 mm(i heard anything larger no benefit unless switching over to forced air?) for my 04

joe
I've stepped away from getting the throttle body for now although it's a nice add I'm skeptical as to whether it'll give the boost it claims. The only one I've really looked at is the bbk and I've heard people say it won't give the 10-15 rwhp boost that bbk claims. And I don't believe the throttle body requires a tune but I'm sure it would certainly benefit from a tune

·
Registered
19 Posts
I really wanted to get the Hurst shifter just 'cuz I'm old school but I read a few mixed reviews with some guys saying that Reverse and 1st were so close you could accidentally hit reverse unless you hooked up the red light that comes with the Hurst. I am leaning towards Barton or possibly MGW for this reason. For those of you who chose Hurst, did you hookup the red reverse light and do you need it to avoid this problem?

·
Registered
4,516 Posts
I kinda like the stock shifter but I have the Barton bracket that made a world of difference, I never miss any gears with the new bracket and no more lock outs!

·
Registered
198 Posts
Only thing I do not like about the Hurst shifter is the messy way the boot looks at the base of the stick. Not a selling point for me.

·
Registered
997 Posts
Guys a buddy of mine has the hurst in his gt 2013 I have the Barton in my 2012 v6 I let him jump in my car and feel how short and crisp the shifter is. Needles to say he ended up loosing the hurst and getting a Barton.

·
Registered
198 Posts
I have the Barton shifter and bracket in my newly converted MT I have not driven it yet waiting to pick it up =)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts