Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for some advice on what kind of throttle body to get with my tax return money. What setup will give me the most horsepower gains? Right now I have a k&n cold air intake kit but still have the stock throttle body. Engine is stock besides long tube headers and borla exhaust. Was thinking of getting a 70mm but just not sure what brand or if a 78mm would be ok?

·
Premium Member
8,133 Posts
No don't get that it's a waste of money really, you would be better off spending it elsewhere. Mostly people reccomend a 70mm for bolt ons and anything bigger is reccomend for FI

·
Registered
130 Posts
So what kind u gotta up grade ur.pleunem to..its dumb to have a 70mm hole thats reduced to about 50 (stock)

·
Registered
991 Posts
Muscle Mustangs and Fast Fords gained ONE hp from a TB. Not worth it IMO. I have the BBK 78mm and I like it, but it was free. Best thing a TB gives you is better throttle response.

·
Registered
130 Posts
Right u wont get hp out of it but u get a ton more air which makes better throttle response. Around 3000 rpm is very noticeable

·
Registered
130 Posts
True.

---------- Post added at 05:19 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:18 PM ----------

Plus with a tune it helps

·
Registered
36 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
So far I've got 3.73 gears, short throw shifter, and i have a Performance tune from bama. But it's still stock throttle body, I think I'll go with the 70 and a spacer, I figure with a good tune I should get 5-7 horses. Just trying to get as much power out of my car till I get some money for a super charger

·
Registered
991 Posts
So far I've got 3.73 gears, short throw shifter, and i have a Performance tune from bama. But it's still stock throttle body, I think I'll go with the 70 and a spacer, I figure with a good tune I should get 5-7 horses. Just trying to get as much power out of my car till I get some money for a super charger
If you're going to boost, get the 78mm BBK unit.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
You're gonna get more power with buying just the plenum than you are doing to get out of the throttle body and spacer

·
Registered
301 Posts
I have the accufab 75mm TB & plenum combo along with a C&L CAI and I looove it since day one it's a lil pricy but IMO it's well worth...
Then when I got my bama tune I felt in love with my car again
Got mine slightly used for 200 on CL

·
Registered
1,001 Posts
Read this...

Open up the exhaust and buy a tuner/tuner before you worry about a TB and plenum...

1 - 20 of 21 Posts