Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Gears would definitely be more expensive but your oils see waaaaaaaay more of a difference than a TB

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:01 AM ----------

See not oils lol

---------- Post added at 03:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 03:02 AM ----------

STUPID IPHONE AUTOCORRECT! Would not oils lol

·
Registered
407 Posts
What kind of increases can you expect when going from stock gears to 4.10 with everything but the CAI being stick still? Automatic transmission.

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
Ford racing 3.73 gears or stack racing 70mm throttle body/plenum?
As you can see from everyone's response, gears are a great mod. You'll see a huge difference in acceleration over the factory gear ratio! The stack racing 70mm throttle body isn't a bad option either for more power, but you'll notice less of a change if you're not running a power adder (Supercharger, Turbo, or Nitrous). I suggest getting the gears first and then going for the throttle body, or doing them at the same time. Of course, you'll see a more significant difference is you get a tune to ago along as well!

Let me know if you have any questions about what steps to take. I'd be happy to help you along!

Shane

What kind of increases can you expect when going from stock gears to 4.10 with everything but the CAI being stick still? Automatic transmission.
Polar Bear,

You'll see and feel a huge difference with 4.10 gears. However, with an automatic transmission you'll need to get your shift points adjusted for the aftermarket gears with a custom tune in order for your Mustang to run properly.

I'd be happy to set you up with a Bama SF3 tuner and some custom Bama Performance tunes. Not only will a Bama custom tune be able to adjust your shift points and fix your speedometer, but it will also adjust the shift firmness too. This means crisper shifts when you're racing and the custom tune will pick up more HP & TQ throughout your power band. I think you'll be very happy with the result of a gear change paired with a Bama SF3 tuner.

·
Registered
407 Posts
As you can see from everyone's response, gears are a great mod. You'll see a huge difference in acceleration over the factory gear ratio! The stack racing 70mm throttle body isn't a bad option either for more power, but you'll notice less of a change if you're not running a power adder (Supercharger, Turbo, or Nitrous). I suggest getting the gears first and then going for the throttle body, or doing them at the same time. Of course, you'll see a more significant difference is you get a tune to ago along as well!

Let me know if you have any questions about what steps to take. I'd be happy to help you along!

Shane

Polar Bear,

You'll see and feel a huge difference with 4.10 gears. However, with an automatic transmission you'll need to get your shift points adjusted for the aftermarket gears with a custom tune in order for your Mustang to run properly.

I'd be happy to set you up with a Bama SF3 tuner and some custom Bama Performance tunes. Not only will a Bama custom tune be able to adjust your shift points and fix your speedometer, but it will also adjust the shift firmness too. This means crisper shifts when you're racing and the custom tune will pick up more HP & TQ throughout your power band. I think you'll be very happy with the result of a gear change paired with a Bama SF3 tuner.
I actually ordered my gears with the Bama tuner combo and will be contacting for a new tune just prior to me putting them in. Thanks.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
I want to really bad but I do too much interstate driving and I don't wanna be going like 75-80 at like 3200 rpms lol
Go check out the sticky in this section. It's got a video showing what highway driving looks like with 4.10s.

·
Premium Member
6,004 Posts
How do I for that??

---------- Post added at 12:58 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:57 AM ----------

Do*
At the top of the list of threads in the app it will say Stickies. On the computer it should be one of the top threads.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
3.73s go for it

·
Registered
2,171 Posts
I actually ordered my gears with the Bama tuner combo and will be contacting for a new tune just prior to me putting them in. Thanks.

That's good to hear, you're gonna love the new acceleration. Post back once you get everything installed and let me know how you like it!

Thanks for supporting AM too!

Shane

1 - 20 of 27 Posts