Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
trying to decide my next mod, im steering more towards the UDP just because i have heard people having problems with the TB. but i want your opinions! Anyone who has either i want to know what you think!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Udp only help above 4000 or 4500 rpms. TB would help throttle response sooner than udp kick in. I got steeds udp but rarely take my car above 4000 rpms. But I got em new for $71 on eBay. If u go with udps, watch eBay.

·
Premium Member
2,932 Posts
Got about 4 RWHP and ever little bit of RWHP you can get out of your motor is worth the money IMHO

·
Moderator Emeritus
4,786 Posts
Herbstang said:
Got about 4 RWHP and ever little bit of RWHP you can get out of your motor is worth the money IMHO
Seriously you dyno'd after just a TB install?
If so what RPM or range did you realize this gain?
Curious now..

·
Registered
292 Posts
Unless you have enough mods that your sucking more air to your motor then your stock throttle body can handle, a throttle body wont do anything. It can actually hurt performance because air doesnt move as fast through the wider space if it is wider then you intake anyways.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
jdavis96gt said:
Udp only help above 4000 or 4500 rpms. TB would help throttle response sooner than udp kick in. I got steeds udp but rarely take my car above 4000 rpms. But I got em new for $71 on eBay. If u go with udps, watch eBay.
That's a deal! I have a bone stock internal and my mods are stated in my signature. Nothing that would really help the flow drastically

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
03Sixtang said:
Could someone explain to me what a UDP is? I don't know what it stands for and curious as to what it does.
Under Drive Pulleys

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:36 PM ----------

Under drive pulleys are a waste, when I had my car dynoed the speed shop took my under drive pulleys off and put my stock ones back on!

Get the throttle body!

---------- Post added at 02:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:38 PM ----------

deadsp0t said:
Seriously you dyno'd after just a TB install?
If so what RPM or range did you realize this gain?
Curious now..
+1

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
That's a deal! I have a bone stock internal and my mods are stated in my signature. Nothing that would really help the flow drastically
Ye that's why I got em. Just keep watching and you'll find a set for cheap. The money u save on them is a gd start for TB mod fund. It takes time unless your filthy rich lol.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So now I'm confused I have heard both opinions saying the other one is useless and a waste haha

·
Registered
292 Posts
Underdrive Pulleys are a universally accepted good modification, I dont know what happened with yours White Cobra. Less power to accescories=more power tp the wheels. Just like using your AC draws power.

·
Registered
1,435 Posts
willrad00 said:
Underdrive Pulleys are a universally accepted good modification, I dont know what happened with yours White Cobra. Less power to accescories=more power tp the wheels. Just like using your AC draws power.
I think the problem with me was a cooling issue , the UD water pump pulley is bigger so I think that's why they switched me back to stock!!

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
I just used my steeda crank pulley. They advertised them for 96-01. Well they were for 01-04. So I used crank and bought smaller belt.

·
Registered
1,147 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Could you guys feel any difference in butt dyno or fuel mileage? I think imgoing with a udp set that has multiple, instead of just the crank

·
Registered
1,014 Posts
Could you guys feel any difference in butt dyno or fuel mileage? I think imgoing with a udp set that has multiple, instead of just the crank
UFOs come in 3 pulleys. Some come in 2, crank+alt. The only reason I only used just crank was cause they were wrong year. Ford changed water pump pulley in 01. So it was that or nothing. Ill eventually put others on. I just have to get right water pump pulley. Its prob going to b awhile lol.

PS. Stay clear of the piggyback style. I've read lots of bad stories.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts