Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was looking at AM's deals this month and they have a sale on a stack racing throttle body spacer. It claims 10hp but I'm sure that's a bit high. My question is will I see any throttle response/ minor gains? Or is this a paperweight. AM reviews say it's a solid buy but I have read a few threads that say otherwise. For what it's worth I have a almost stock gt minus a bassani axleback

·
Registered
167 Posts
My f-250 came with an air raid cai and tb spacer adds an interesting whistle at certain throttle openings not sure it helps but its a nice looking piece under the trucks hood lol

·
Registered
2,401 Posts
I was looking at AM's deals this month and they have a sale on a stack racing throttle body spacer. It claims 10hp but I'm sure that's a bit high. My question is will I see any throttle response/ minor gains? Or is this a paperweight. AM reviews say it's a solid buy but I have read a few threads that say otherwise. For what it's worth I have a almost stock gt minus a bassani axleback
I've got SR's TB spacer on my 08 4.0 and it gives a nice torque boost at low rpm and a cool sound! I got it on sale for $30 and it was totally worth it!

·
Registered
9,547 Posts
Spacer will not do anything at all. A lot of mods make someone think they are adding power when in all actually they are not doing anything.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
If you have a tune of any kind then the benefit of a TB spacer is something you already have.

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Just to play devils advocate, almost everyone and all the reviews on American muscle are positive why would that be?
Typically the reviews are dead on for AM

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Just to play devils advocate, almost everyone and all the reviews on American muscle are positive why would that be?
Typically the reviews are dead on for AM
When I wash and detail my car it feels faster and runs better, but it's not and doesn't its all perception

·
Registered
109 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Placebo effect everyone is aware of it.

The reviews state gains and I don't see why it would say 10hp gain if its a load of ****. I'm swayed off buying it but I don't see why half people swear by it and say its a great bang for your buck and half say they are a waste.

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Placebo effect everyone is aware of it.

The reviews state gains and I don't see why it would say 10hp gain if its a load of ****. I'm swayed off buying it but I don't see why half people swear by it and say its a great bang for your buck and half say they are a waste.
It does give you a dyno proven 3-5 hp,
I saw someone post a b4 and after, for 60 bucks just get the thing but don't tell anyone

1 - 20 of 23 Posts