Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is it really worth it or not? 2005 v6 or if it is what brand should i get.. Thanks

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·

·
Premium Member
8,080 Posts
I was planning on getting it a while ago but after research and other people comments its not gonna be worth it as it will maybe give you 1/2 hp and that's a waste for the money you pay like what 30 bucks?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was planning on getting it a while ago but after research and other people comments its not gonna be worth it as it will maybe give you 1/2 hp and that's a waste for the money you pay like what 30 bucks?
I look up online and they have mixed comments on them bad or good but i look up american muscle website andmostly they have good reviews..

·
Registered
7,145 Posts
What do you mean by paper weight? I always wonder that.. Thanks..
paper weight means that's basically all it's good for on an N/A car...if you had a power adder the extended bit of length usually does show gains....on any other setup it's normally a bust. put your money into things that are worthwhile....it's normally what i tell customers at least when they ask to buy a TB spacer lol

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
paper weight means that's basically all it's good for on an N/A car...if you had a power adder the extended bit of length usually does show gains....on any other setup it's normally a bust. put your money into things that are worthwhile....it's normally what i tell customers at least when they ask to buy a TB spacer lol
Thanks for the info. Appreciate it.. What do you thinks the mods that i could get?

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Oh boy i better start now, thanks guys appreciate it...

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
if you don't have a handheld tuner i'd start there...then with each mod you can fix things up when needed
Oh boy i better start now, thanks guys appreciate it...
shunc01,

There's a lot of mixed feelings about the TB spacers. They're a really simple mod that some people feel help smooth out intake air turbulence and allow the intake to divide the air equally to each cylinder. The results are minimum, but in theory it will help extend the life of your engine. Although, that's extremely hard to prove, and more of a theory than anything.

Starting out with a Custom Tuner will net you much better results, as 1slosix said. This is definitely where you should start with any Mustang or sports car. If you're interested, our Bama SF3 tuners come with 3 custom Bama Performance tunes and will enroll you into our Free Tunes for Life program. This mean any time you add future bolt-on mods, we'll make you new custom tunes just for those adjustments!

Let me know if you have any questions about our custom Bama tunes!

Shane

·
Registered
1,942 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
shunc01,

There's a lot of mixed feelings about the TB spacers. They're a really simple mod that some people feel help smooth out intake air turbulence and allow the intake to divide the air equally to each cylinder. The results are minimum, but in theory it will help extend the life of your engine. Although, that's extremely hard to prove, and more of a theory than anything.

Starting out with a Custom Tuner will net you much better results, as 1slosix said. This is definitely where you should start with any Mustang or sports car. If you're interested, our Bama SF3 tuners come with 3 custom Bama Performance tunes and will enroll you into our Free Tunes for Life program. This mean any time you add future bolt-on mods, we'll make you new custom tunes just for those adjustments!

Let me know if you have any questions about our custom Bama tunes!

Shane
Hello shane appreciate the reply, i am thinking about getting one, how much gain hp for my car if i get this one, i have bbk cold air intake, flowmaster single exhaust american thunder, and its automatic, and what else do u recommend? Thanks

·
Registered
2,167 Posts
Hello shane appreciate the reply, i am thinking about getting one, how much gain hp for my car if i get this one, i have bbk cold air intake, flowmaster single exhaust american thunder, and its automatic, and what else do u recommend? Thanks
Those are good supporting mods, especially the CAI. I would just start with that and see how it feels to you. We've seen as much as 16rwhp and 21tq from a custom Bama tune on the 4.0 v6. Plus you'll pick up more power throughout the powerband and see improved throttle response, too. From there you may just want to start building the suspension for more traction.

Let me know how you like the Bama custom tunes when you get to that point! If you need any help picking out suspension or power mods down the road, just shoot me a PM. I'd be happy to help!

Shane

1 - 17 of 17 Posts