Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is the new throttle body on American muscle worth it? The SR performance twin 62.

It says dyno proven 15-20 hp and 20-25 tq. Also I have tuner CAI.

·
Registered
2,759 Posts
That should be ur last mod put the cash to better use

·
Registered
2,781 Posts
Just get it, last mod this and that, your eventually going to want it when you do more bolt ons and cams, FI etc it's got to be atleast worth 5 hp

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It will feed a cammed or manifold car well. You will see no difference without the aforementioned but it is just another mod.

·
Registered
2,163 Posts
OP,

As these guys mentioned, you'll definitely see more gains as you add more extensive mods to your Mustang. That's not to say you won't have any gains, though. We did see solid gains to the lower RPM power band as well as increased throttle response!

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Shane

·
Registered
64 Posts
Don't expect big power gains if all you have is bolt on mods currently. But with some engine mods, you'll definitely notice a gain with a throttle body. I ran across a great deal on a gt500 throttle body, so I got one. You might as well just buy it.

·
Registered
81 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ya I know but the fourm rats get all sorts of offended when you bring it up
True haha.

---------- Post added at 11:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:05 PM ----------

Don't expect big power gains if all you have is bolt on mods currently. But with some engine mods, you'll definitely notice a gain with a throttle body. I ran across a great deal on a gt500 throttle body, so I got one. You might as well just buy it.
Ya I'm not looking for huge gains...just a little extra kick is all. And maybe better mpgs but I know that isn't happening.

·
Registered
179 Posts
I've heard from plenty of reliable sources that unless you're going for top power on a N/A build or going with a FI setup, a throttle body isn't worth it.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Hey guys, newbie here, I need some help with a push button start I got from AM. I have an 09 GT, there are no Green and white wires per the instructions. Anyone run into this?

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.