Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone, Mustang Evolution Newbie...

I have had a throttle issue a few times and I don't believe it is necessarily tune related. I run a Steeda 93 Tune for Daily Driving and a AM Bama 93 Hybrid Race Tune for Spirited Occasions (Mountain Driving, Racing, Getting Groceries Really FAST)...

This issue occurs when I am Cruising at say 60MPH in 5TH Gear, press the clutch and drop to 3RD Gear, then Abruptly go from Closed Throttle to WOT. The car sometimes will hesitate and then kick in strong, and a few times it has went into "Limp Home Mode" and will throw the amber wrench light...Once turned off and restarted, the wrench will be gone and the car will be perfectly normal. :confused::confused:

This isn't that big of a deal but on rare occassions when I shift quickly to pass a car or something of that nature, it would be nice to not have this happen.

Any Ideas? Help or Suggestions Much Appreciated.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,481 Posts
Yeah sounds like the sensor is not telling your car that your stepping on it on not throwing enough fuel in
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
193 Posts
Have you tried cleaning your throttle body? Taking the intake off? There might be gunk in there...

---------- Post added at 04:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 04:06 AM ----------

Or yeah take that back it probbley be your TPS
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thank You for the Replies, the TB is Stock and is very clean - I clean it seriously every 3 months as I've heard that the TB being dirty is the #1 source of a poor running S197. I have also cleaned the MAF within the last week.

I sent an email to AM to see if they could review the tune and let me know if anything seems out of place, but it is unfortunately not specific to just their tune... The 93 Steeda Tune does the same thing, but it has not actually gone into Limp Home Mode, only the severe hesitation... Only the Hybrid Tune has thrown a wrench.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,627 Posts
I've had a ton of tb issues but it was due to a BBK tb ... If its stock an you don't have a loose cai arm then it has to be a tune issue... Good luck on fixing the problem ... AM will take care of you
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,783 Posts
gmcmanus said:
Thank You for the Replies, the TB is Stock and is very clean - I clean it seriously every 3 months as I've heard that the TB being dirty is the #1 source of a poor running S197. I have also cleaned the MAF within the last week.

I sent an email to AM to see if they could review the tune and let me know if anything seems out of place, but it is unfortunately not specific to just their tune... The 93 Steeda Tune does the same thing, but it has not actually gone into Limp Home Mode, only the severe hesitation... Only the Hybrid Tune has thrown a wrench.
My truck did same thing, would hardly run 5mph and was throwing the wrench code.......TPS was the fix
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Thank You for the Replies, the TB is Stock and is very clean - I clean it seriously every 3 months as I've heard that the TB being dirty is the #1 source of a poor running S197. I have also cleaned the MAF within the last week.

I sent an email to AM to see if they could review the tune and let me know if anything seems out of place, but it is unfortunately not specific to just their tune... The 93 Steeda Tune does the same thing, but it has not actually gone into Limp Home Mode, only the severe hesitation... Only the Hybrid Tune has thrown a wrench.

gmcmanus,

Considering you have deep hesitations on both your Bama and Steeda tune, it makes me believe there is some kind of mechanical issue. Especially, considering both Bama and Steeda are known for having excellent throttle response with our tunes.

I see that you've thoroughly cleaned your TB and recently cleaned the MAF. This is good because we can eliminate that out the equation for being dirty. However, since you're throwing a TPS light and you've having lots of hesitation, it sounds like the TPS sensor is faulty or "bad" and needs to be replaced. You can always drop the car off at a shop to have the TPS sensor check and confirm this, too.

I hope this helps, let me know if there's anything else I can do!

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
58 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks Shane! This issue is sporadic and I will definitely look into replacing the TPS. I appreciate your help recently!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,171 Posts
Thanks Shane! This issue is sporadic and I will definitely look into replacing the TPS. I appreciate your help recently!
My pleasure. I'm always here to help any way I can, so keep me updated on your issue!

Again, the fact that it's a sporadic issue definitely makes me think something is up with the TPS. Hopefully that assumption is accurate and you can get your Mustang running strong again.

Shane
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
AMShaneLesky said:
My pleasure. I'm always here to help any way I can, so keep me updated on your issue!

Again, the fact that it's a sporadic issue definitely makes me think something is up with the TPS. Hopefully that assumption is accurate and you can get your Mustang running strong again.

Shane
Not so fast American Muscle Shane.. 8 months ago, same problem with BAMA tunes. At 40+ MPH my throttle response was SO delayed. AM said TPS blah blah. Went to a shop, they said the TPS was new from the previous owner. Got a Dyno tune and my throttle response is crazy fast at any mph! Not to burst your bubble or anything.. Just saying haha and I also gained 14.something RWHP too so that's cool too.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
916 Posts
Not so fast American Muscle Shane.. 8 months ago, same problem with BAMA tunes. At 40+ MPH my throttle response was SO delayed. AM said TPS blah blah. Went to a shop, they said the TPS was new from the previous owner. Got a Dyno tune and my throttle response is crazy fast at any mph! Not to burst your bubble or anything.. Just saying haha and I also gained 14.something RWHP too so that's cool too.
Ya well a dyno tune is always going to have the advantage over an email tune where it covers a million other cars that have the same bolt ons instead a of a tune that is specially set up for your car and the conditions whether hot or cold out etc. Every car is different and how they react.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
414 Posts
Stang23 said:
Ya well a dyno tune is always going to have the advantage over an email tune where it covers a million other cars that have the same bolt ons instead a of a tune that is specially set up for your car and the conditions whether hot or cold out etc. Every car is different and how they react.
Okay
 
1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Top