Mustang Evolution Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I read if you press down the break and hold the advance trac button, it will turn it off and take away that two second delay. I went out and tried it, there was noticeable difference and I liked it. Thing is; the AT will turn back on when i start the car up again later. Will a TB remove the lag or is this something my tuner can take care of?

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
So I read if you press down the break and hold the advance trac button, it will turn it off and take away that two second delay. I went out and tried it, there was noticeable difference and I liked it. Thing is; the AT will turn back on when i start the car up again later. Will a TB remove the lag or is this something my tuner can take care of?
Dont waste money on a TB unless you have a full exhaust, intake and Tune. A tuner can fix ur throttle response.

·
Registered
518 Posts
It looks like he has a tune though... Is this correct, Adamp1?

Throttle response is the biggest con about my automatic trans. I know a tune would correct some of it, but I bought the extended warranty and really don't want to pay for something that is going to be voided. ahhhhhhahhh

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
It looks like he has a tune though... Is this correct, Adamp1?

Throttle response is the biggest con about my automatic trans. I know a tune would correct some of it, but I bought the extended warranty and really don't want to pay for something that is going to be voided. ahhhhhhahhh
Yes that is correct! I have it on the 87 performance tune right now. I have the Steeda CAI, Magna flow Mufflers, and the 3.73 Gears. So although I noticed a difference in my car, I was a bit disappointed when I still had that lag. I read it was a safety measure and to get rid of it I needed to take the advanctrac off.

Will I need another tune then that will take off the advanctrac or should I use a different octane.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
Yes that is correct! I have it on the 87 performance tune right now. I have the Steeda CAI, Magna flow Mufflers, and the 3.73 Gears. So although I noticed a difference in my car, I was a bit disappointed when I still had that lag. I read it was a safety measure and to get rid of it I needed to take the advanctrac off.

Will I need another tune then that will take off the advanctrac or should I use a different octane.
No need to disable advancetrac just ask bamma for the most aggressive throttle response they can make you.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No need to disable advancetrac just ask bamma for the most aggressive throttle response they can make you.
I just got off the phone with them and they said I can request their "hybrid tune" The Lag will not go away completely but it will give a more aggressive response at lower RPMS. Thanks for the advice.

·
Registered
3,816 Posts
I just got off the phone with them and they said I can request their "hybrid tune" The Lag will not go away completely but it will give a more aggressive response at lower RPMS. Thanks for the advice.
No problem bro. I have a hybrid tune and told them i want it to have the most aggressive throttle response they can make me.

·
Registered
203 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I felt a little difference In the TR. but I wasn't impressed. Should I drive it for a bit before making a final judgement?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts