Mustang Evolution Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay so I just spent the last hour looking through the forums trying to find a post in a thread that I had read a few weeks ago. Anyways It seems like when I give the car gas, maybe between 20%-60% throttle (in any gear) it excelerates slower than if the pedal is depressed about 15%. I remember the short of the post being that rerouting the throttle cable helped. I just wanted to know if you guys had any thoughts on the situation. Could it be timing? ( had it set a couple weeks ago but who knows if its right they were in a hurry to get my stang out of their garage lol) I did reroute the cable but havent driven it yet. Thanks for all the past help and continued help guys!

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
maybe between 20%-60% throttle (in any gear) it excelerates slower than if the pedal is depressed about 15%.
The difference in acceleration is really only noticable over 2700 RPM and if I mash the peddle the car does kick on the torque. Ive only owned the car for about 5 weeks and its has only been running for like 6 days, so I dont really have anything to compare the performance too.

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
"I had an idle of 1500rpm. And an occasional surge. Stayed that way until I disconnected the throttle cable! Idled right down!!

I pulled the cable backwards out throught he maze of vacuum lines and rerouted it in a nice sweeping way...Perfect idle. No surge. No 1500rpm. Bliss!"

Found this at Help me create the "Surging Idle Checklist" | Mustang Forums at StangNet

But I did this already and it didnt help...

·
Banned
8,044 Posts
Billymich said:
"I had an idle of 1500rpm. And an occasional surge. Stayed that way until I disconnected the throttle cable! Idled right down!!

I pulled the cable backwards out throught he maze of vacuum lines and rerouted it in a nice sweeping way...Perfect idle. No surge. No 1500rpm. Bliss!"

Found this at Help me create the "Surging Idle Checklist" | Mustang Forums at StangNet

But I did this already and it didnt help...
check the useful sticky thread for more idle surge information. :good:

·
Registered
861 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I had replaced the fuel filter prior to it, and I should have stated, It is resolved. My timing was off...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts